First Drive

Hi, New to your postings column, but have been an “earwigger” for some time, viewing from the USA, where ive been on a harvest job for 2 years now. Had never sat in a truck till then, and have been bitten by it. Passed the tests now since home , and had the first agency run yesterday, v. nervous, but it was great, and look forward to more. Many miles squeezed into a Kenworth T600, were blown away by a shot in a daf. :smiley:

Good luck & welcome to trucknet.

Welcome to TrucknetUk Wheatwhacker…

This site has been nothing short or Brilliant for me, Just hope you find it as useful and helpful… and entertaining :laughing: :laughing: as I have…

Two years on a USA harvest run? Unless you came home between times you must of been a little bit naughty,H2A visa wise? :wink:
Was on harvest run myself in 2002,ran new JD 9650sts combine ( one of 24!!!) for Altendorf Harvesting from Minto, N.Dakota.It was a helluva experience with decent money too ( although exchange rate a nightmare at the minute!!) and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in big agri machinery and trucks!!! :smiley:

Thanks for the replies, I too find ths site very informative on many issues, mainly law.

Big Truck glad to hear that you , like i, had a great timestateside, IT always seemed to me to be plenty of scot , english and irish grafting in the midwest, along with many other nationalities, having the occassional half pint in the small town bars.
I was based west of Aberdeen , South Dakota, with 4 9650, machines and six trucks, a modest family firm, and we run from west of Dallas TX upto the Canadian border, of ND.
I was able to renew an H2A for another year, that kept me on Georges good books, great fun , great experience but not again !!