HELP needed please all read and give me your thoughts

Hi there all
I have a dilemma I now live in Portugal but there is no work for what I want to be doing.
I used to live in Southport and is were I passed my test 12 months ago both rigid then artic.
I have spent the last 12 months driving around Europe before we found a house to buy.
I was planned to be working in the USA now had a contract date to start driving trucks for Holland harvesting. But it all fell through at the last moment and cost me a lot of money.
I am wanting to put my licence to use as originally got it to drive a motor home
But have loved driving for years and used to do recovery work for my old firm.
And done a lot of driving across Europe and UK.

So I really want to get in to truck driving and am thinking of returning to the UK for work I will relocate to most places if money and condition is good.

But as it’s hard to get jobs when your licence is so fresh
How hard is it to go about working for my self my own truck etc.
Or can I get my own truck and work for or through another owner-driver.

Or how hard is it to find some one else like me who wants to go in to business together.

But going it alone am going to need a o licence set up jobs to do and employ some one to organise work phone calls, all the rest that goes with it.

Were do I start.

Thanks is advance

What happened with the Holland harvesting job, did they mess up the H2A visa’s or just tell you they had no work?
If you contact Jan Altendorf at www.atendorfharvesting.com they usually take on some drivers for the fall harvest (soybeans/corn) from about the end of August until Nov/Dec.

No Holland harvesting were great sorted stuff very fast got me the contract etc. it was between the IEP UK and The American embassy in London IEP not giving me the info tell me how it all works and the guy who inter viewed me at London was new to the job And didn’t know the process I was going through and that IEP uk had been doing this now for 15 years and am the second person ever not o get a visa.

They said they were going to appeal for me against it but that was 4 months ago.

I paid out over £800 to IEP UK and IEP USA and visa interview. And got nothing out of it.

Thats why before i went i thought about spending money and go alone but what if some one else was intrested in starting a haulage company we could go it together.
Just my thoughts.

Who are IEP UK?
Never heard of them, are they a recruitment company?
Never heard of having to pay £800 to get a H2A visa more like £80, I think you where maybe “diddled” :exclamation: :blush:
Nobody gets turned down for a H2A visa unless they have a criminal record,a mate of mine has just went back out to work for Altendorfs at the beginning of May for his 6th harvest in a row on a H2A visa :open_mouth: :wink:
In 2002 myself and my wife went out with 14 other guy’s from N.Ireland on H2A visa’s to work for Altendorfs with no probs.

No big truck its a j1 visa i was supposed to be getting.

IEP uk are a recruitment company who do all (supposed to do all the paperwork etc) for you.
I dont have any record for anything am clean as a wistle. :smiley:
It ws £300 To the uk company for there work and the same for the american side and $150 i think for my appontment to get the visa. Then you have to have health insurance before they will let you travel or issue a visa.
And a few other costs.

Am Very disopointed. am now looking at being a owner driver.
Do you know the kind of costs it will be to get a O licence and be in a state to drive less the truck.

£500 for CPC
£100 for O-Licence
£6400 cash-in-hand for first truck (for spares + repairs - mandatory for O-Licence)

IEP UK took you for a ride :exclamation:
J1 visa is not the one you needed, a H2A temp harvest visa is the one that should have been provided by Holland harvesting to the embassy in London.
You don’t need to use any recruitment company for harvest work in the States,the “custom cutter” takes care of all the paperwork ref the work visa’s.

Sockpuppet:
£100 for O-Licence

you sure■■?

CLICKY

:laughing: :laughing:

Just a note to say thanks for all the help guys.
Big truck i think you might have somethink there :blush:
My dad said i should ring them and try and get my money back or i will report them to trading standards.

Denis F:

Sockpuppet:
£100 for O-Licence

you sure■■?

CLICKY

:laughing: :laughing:

No…its not like I’ve taken y CPC exams or anything.

Bigtruck, that link you put up, the site it leads to don’t seem to make any sort of sense■■?

Driveroneuk:
Bigtruck, that link you put up, the site it leads to don’t seem to make any sort of sense■■?

Sorry should be www.altendorfharvesting.com

Altendorfs are a little disorganised hence why the website has not been updated since 2002!!! Try:
www.hollandharvesting.com
www.demarayharvesting.com
www.taylorharvesting.com
www.bergman-harvesting.com