hardstaff haulage

any one knowanything about hardstaff haulage
pay trucks werethey run from think they opened newdepoton perry barr might give tickle they recruiting

seen a few of them on the a38 burton most i have seen are daf cf,s or the foden version with tipper trailers

/they have a big depot just off the M1 JCT24 near the power station it is also a Foden dealership and a truckstop, dont know much about them to work for though.

A couple of my ex-drivers are on there, one of them for the past 10 years, if you get a start and come across John Hancock or Andy Bone give 'em a hello from David from Toray.

Most of their trucks are tippers, late model Fodens with some 06 Dafs, but they also run some general haulage stuff.

Pay isn’t great @ around £6.90 ph but there is a weekly bonus. Main office is Kingston on Soar, Nottingham & they also have a lot of tippers based at Burton on Trent ( Barton under Needwood) + some other smaller yards around the country.

If mixer driving appeals they also supply drivers for Bardon Concrete (some strange agreement that I don’t understand :slight_smile: ) I’m not sure if they have any tipper yards around your area but there are concrete plants at Perry Bar & Wolverhampton.

If you are still interested I can send you a couple of contact addresses.

They manufacture and supply the concrete barriers that are used instead of cones for longer term traffic management, a lot of night work delivering and collecting them. I believe they have many a thousand out at £1 per day.

They also run a good few trucks on gas.

I think animal’s other half used to be on there before moving North…His username’s Lobo Loco if you want to drop him a PM… :wink:

They run out of Kingston upon Soar. mainly late Foden Alphas.
When I was with them they were paying £6.00 ph on rigids + time & 1/2 on overtime dont know about know?
The main T.M is Richard Daws at kingston, they run general haulage + they’ve a contract with Artex Bluehawk running out of Ruddington near Notts all the rigids run out of there and some of the artic’s.
Also they are now a Daf main dealer as Fodens anit made any more

check em out HERE

excellent company to work for.
everything must be legal, trucks are kept in top condition from bulbs to tyres.
very fuel conscentious company.
you will be required to take a driver assessment before you get a job and ongoing driver training is compulsory, you may also gain other training from them too.
they will only pay 15 hours per day - that is the maximum you can work so that is the max they will pay, you will not run bent ever and you will not be asked to do so - if you are then report the person who asked you to and they will be disciplined so will you if you do run bent.
the trucks are equipped with technology that alerts the office to driver abuse, if you thrash through the gearbox then the truck will send a message to foden central and you will be disciplined on return to the depot.
engines cut out when they have been idling for 2 minutes (fuel saver device).
the work is fairly easy and the office staff are pleasant to work for, i’ve done lots of work for them in the past and the only problem i have is the foden badge on all of their trucks except 1.
take a job with them if you want or ask them which agency they use and work for them instead to see if you like it (you still need to be assessed even if you go the agency route).

what the paylike for class 2

stvme see my post