Douglas Concrete

Stan.
Opening your thread thats been dormant for a while.Just found this in my folder I think its a promo.shot for Harsh tipping gear.This would be 1995,is this Barton u Needwood pit ? Douglas’s kit always looked well and its sad that its gone. In later years N135NAY was owned by GRS Roadstone or one of their subbies and its been for sale on a web site.My apologies if its been posted somwhere before.Hope it may raise some more pics. Regards Mike.

Stan:
Does any one have any pictures off any of the mixers or tippers from this staffordshire based company they sold out to Bardon aggregates in about 1998/1999.They then became part of the aggregate industries

i have some pics of douglas trucks when i find them
i used to work at mackworth bodyworks that built tipper bodies for years for douglas trucks, then later on i drove a volvo a25 dumper in the quarry and moving sand from over the road where the new hotel and marina now is, nr taylors yard at barton turn
Clive price was the main man in charge of the fleet for years right till the end
we used to go in the garage to service the dumpers at times and i never forgot watching how they rebuilt mixer drums from scratch from a pile of sheet steel and a set of rollers
at the time i used to do quite a lot of welding to the bodies of the dumpers/repairs in or near the garage and they were a good bunch all round,the trucks were washed off every night and were well maintained and smart at all times!!
moose

Hi moose, I worked at Mackworth Shepshed April 88 to Nov 91, Bob Milner was our foreman/ technical advisor. One of the best jobs I ever had :smiley:

Does any one have any pictures off any of the mixers or tippers from this staffordshire based company they sold out to Bardon aggregates in about 1998/1999.They then became part of the aggregate industries

hi ive got some snaps of mixers from douglas concrete my father worked for them if interested plz contact me