Muckaway is yer man for these folks. PM him or hang around and he’ll be along to give you the lowdown.

Alright, cheers pal :slight_smile: :grimacing:

You live in the same town as me, so Gill Mill quarry would be ideal. Pay is £9 something an hour according to cb talk (they’re on c36), plus load bonus paid on radial miles similar to the way subbies are paid. Paul Needle is the TM there.
Three members of my family worked there and I still get in their quarries a lot (occasionally hauling for them). The kit is very well looked after, some Fodens are still there but are being phased out now (my old one is the one dumped in the Bletchingdon yard without signwriting and a knackered engine). Mixed fleet of MANs, Dafs, Volvos, one Scania and the surviving Fodens.
A lot of their drivers are very long serving, one has done 40 odd years I think (Dad did 35). Forgot to add they now pay a compliance bonus, don’t know much about this as it’s only recently come in.

You get your own wagon. Once you get one new you can keep it for several years. I had one from new for seven years, another had a V reg and only gave it up for a new 11 plate when his was relegated to quarry dumper.
All DCPC training paid for etc. One of the better tipper firms in Oxon to work for.
Oh and tow the line, and don’t rebel. :wink:

Bletchington is the head office and workshops only.
Gill Mill at Ducklington is their main quarry, does sand and gravel plus recycling.
Ardley, Burford and Great Rollright are stone quarries.
Duns Tew (near Middle Barton) for soft sand.
All the above pits apart from Burford have O’licences and have tippers based there.

What’s this Nathan, War and Peace :smiley:

I’d back Muckaway up with what he said.
Didn’t work for them direct but they’re a good, no nonsense firm.
Go for it bud.

Steve66:
What’s this Nathan, War and Peace :smiley:

I’d back Muckaway up with what he said.
Didn’t work for them direct but they’re a good, no nonsense firm.
Go for it bud.

He asked mate he got what he wanted to know.
Better than Mr No O’ :wink: anyday.

Steve66:
no nonsense firm.

Well, you do get nonsense but you have to filter it out.

Thanks everyone for your kind feedback. Was talking to my Grandad earlier (who worked for Skip To B&E in minster lovell, driving skips) and said back in the day they were the best company to work for, however he then had a few job complications before joining them and couldn’t no longer drive.
I’ve heard that tipper work is the best thing to get into HGV driving with, shame i jumped straight in at the deep end with fridge work. Is it true?

Thanks again

On tippers you will be worked.
And worked hard.
Smiths are no different but they won’t break the law.
On tippers, avoid a certain firm who’s based near Standlake like the plague.

Fridge work is easy peasy.

Which one is that, i probably have heard of them, however minds gone blank LOL.

I am willing to always work hard, and harder, however not to the point when i’m breaking the law, thats when i start getting figgity.

Do you know what the overtime pay is at Smiths? Saturday, Sundays? Holidays? whatever

Check your inbox mate.
I’ve PMd you.

I’m quite new to this sort of stuff on here, don’t worry about it. I think one springs to mind.

Thanks for all your help

That’s ok.
It’s just best not to run a firm down even if they’re crap on here.
Most firms look at these forums.
Smiths are good if you’re offered it.
Smurfit in Witney aren’t too bad.
Usual story though.
Pushed and all the rest of it.
I wouldn’t say tippers is easier than fridges.
Not by long way.
A good thing about it though is that you’re home every night.
Is it tippers you want?

Nice seeing names mentioned from my old stamping ground, drove past there place lots trucks always looked good and kept well been there a long time.

Another possibility for you is Earthline.
They have a massive quarry up at Shipton.
That’s about 30-45 minutes from you.
Newish kit.
Worth a try.

Steve66:
Another possibility for you is Earthline.
They have a massive quarry up at Shipton.
That’s about 30-45 minutes from you.
Newish kit.
Worth a try.

No leave them well alone.