Hanson aggregates

Notice they are advertising in this weeks CM,for employee drivers,and franchisee owner drivers.

Anyone got any experience of them?

Ken.

Quinny:
Notice they are advertising in this weeks CM,for employee drivers,and franchisee owner drivers.

Ken.

Tipper-Driver-01 in the ODs forum has just put a Hino 8 legger on for them, and he seems to like it so far.

Paul

My dad and I both run through Hanson, im on the tippers and he is on the mixers

My post might be of some help to you? if you want to know anything just send me a PM.

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25447&start=0

Quinny:

Ken.

I saw that ad too and I find it a bit confusing. Surely, the two will be at odds with each other? If work is slack and you have employed drivers and franchisees who gets the work when it comes in?

Or have I missed the point and the two will be kept apart somehow? :confused:

In my experience as a traffic office bod,it was always the subby who got the boot when work was quiet,as the company still had to pay the employee drivers,so therefore they had to work.

Ken.

Quinny:
In my experience as a traffic office bod,it was always the subby who got the boot when work was quiet,as the company still had to pay the employee drivers,so therefore they had to work.

Ken.

Yeah, thats what I figured. I’d be well unhappy as the franchisee, 80k+ finance and being told ‘sorry mate, no work today’! :unamused: :unamused: :imp:

I don’t see how the two can co-exist, tbh. :confused:

hammer:

Quinny:

Ken.

I saw that ad too and I find it a bit confusing. Surely, the two will be at odds with each other? If work is slack and you have employed drivers and franchisees who gets the work when it comes in?

its usually the independant owner drivers that get the boot, both the franchisee and employed drivers still get the work…they have a duty to keep us owner drivers in work or we would just hand the keys back.
Where i am their is no company drivers, its just franchisee drivers and independants.

Tipper-driver01:

hammer:

Quinny:

Ken.

its usually the independant owner drivers that get the boot, both the franchisee and employed drivers still get the work…they have a duty to keep us owner drivers in work or we would just hand the keys back.
Where i am their is no company drivers, its just franchisee drivers and independants.

I know they’ll stand down the independants first, thats the risk we take but I wonder if they will be so keen if it is their 80K wagon they are standing down to give the work to the franchisees :confused: . Occasionally, there won’t be enough for both and I’d be surprised if they stood their own trucks down and sent their lads home with a days pay for nothing.

It seems they are having to employ drivers on Hanson-owned wagons because the take-up of franchise vehicles if low. It certainly is round here. I’m sure it differs in other places. My point was the advert seems to be pulling two different groups of people into a potentially conflicting situation. :confused: