Hanson

Hi all does anybody on here work for this firm, or know anything about them?
SMc

we do a lot of subbing for them from nuneaton as backloads. mostly 25kg bags of aggregate to b&q stores and builders merchants. cant tell you more than that, just another load!

they are a big company,
readymix concrete and mortar, tippers, bricks, aggregates etc,
owner drivers and contractors do most of the work.
tbh i thought everyone new about hansons.

im on the tipper side it all depends what depot or what you will be doing i will help if i can

Yeh Hanson -

Whats the money like where you are, Im looking at heading north would be good if you could put a good word in for me

Swampey:
Yeh Hanson -

Whats the money like where you are, Im looking at heading north would be good if you could put a good word in for me

im on tipper artic i dont actually work for hansons but im franchised to them so wat im paid wouldnt really help you,hansons are staring to put there own eight wheelers on the road with company drivers wasnt sure if this is wat you was looking for

Oh Hanson

I thought you where a company driver, just a good job Ive sent off my application and CV to them

Good news if there putting there 8 wheelers on the road, the I can drive one of thoese on a class C cant I

Swampey:
Oh Hanson

I thought you where a company driver, just a good job Ive sent off my application and CV to them

Good news if there putting there 8 wheelers on the road, the I can drive one of thoese on a class C cant I

i should imagine wage sare different in all areas

I am starting with Hanson at Peterboro on Monday :smiley: :smiley: , the money and terms seem to be really good. It is on the blocks with a wagon and drag new fh12.
After working for the dutch this will be a real culture shock!!! :laughing:

Deepinvet:
I am starting with Hanson at Peterboro on Monday :smiley: :smiley: , the money and terms seem to be really good. It is on the blocks with a wagon and drag new fh12.
After working for the dutch this will be a real culture shock!!! :laughing:

seen they have all new fhs the block plant at peterboro has just movedfrom st ives good luck

Cheers mate, I am looking forward to it. It will be nice to have a Proper Job

Around here Hansons are the poor relations compared with all the other quarries. Everything they touch turns to dog muck.

I was a regular subbie for them and they lost jobs due to rank bad organisation and mismanagement of their resources. E.G. Losing a job 1 mile from the quarry because they were unable to supply 1,000tonnes of sub-base over a two week period…embarassing for a big quarry. This type of things is repeated in two or three of their other site too.

They were ok at processing tickets etc but if they did make a mistake it could be months before they sorted it out. :unamused: