Hanbury Riverside/Volvo FH

Further to my last post regarding international work, i HAVE used the search link at the top for my next question but it didnt bring any results.

Does anyone know what the above company are like to deal with?? (i used to be an operator at Hanbury Davies, and they were bad!) I have read their website, and spoken to a few people who have already bought vehicles from there and they said they couldnt tell them from new. Has anyone brought an FH from them?? From my experience, the Volvo FH (with manual gearbox anyway) isnt exactly good on fuel, any comments??

Also, ive sorted out some work after speaking to the people ive dealt with for years! (that would make sense) doing traction work for a variety of people, Geest, Ferrymasters, Autocontex, Haven Logistics, Continental Cargo Carriers, IRF, Visbeen amongst others. All around the £1.10 pm mark, and because i know (and in many cases gone drinking with) these people very well, im confident i can build up good working relations with them, in fact, ive already spoken to one of them who have said that they can give me good round trip long distance work at weekends if i can get another driver! Ive also spoken to a guy i know at Maritime, who would give me fairly local deliveries on boxes already loaded on their trailers, for a job rate, fiting in as 1st or 2nd jobs around others. Also, ive sorted parking, secure at Ipswich docks for a company ive worked for-FOR FREE!!!

So, contrary to what people might say, its looking good at the moment! Ive kinda realised that if ive got the balls, and the determination to do it, and make it work, i can! i shouldnt need to keep asking people whether or not i should do it!!

Any comments greatly recieved as usual, especially on the Hanbury Riverside and Volvo FH!

Thanks guys
niceone

NICEONE:
From my experience, the Volvo FH (with manual gearbox anyway) isnt exactly good on fuel, any comments??

I am currently operating my forth Volvo FH, two with manual boxes and two with i-shift. All have returned excellent fuel figures, although admittedly the i-shifts have returned better than the manuals.

NICEONE:
From my experience, the Volvo FH (with manual gearbox anyway) isnt exactly good on fuel, any comments??

Not my personal experience, but my boss has few times complained Volvo fuel figures to be little worse than Scania’s. This in situation where drivers had got Volvo and they had had Scania’s earlier and both trucks and drivers kept doing same work so only thing making difference in consumption was truck.

Can’t think of the main guys name in there but nice enough bloke, they were selling some old HD’s Scania 114’s last year and they were about £3000 over priced, especially when you worked out their ‘special’ deal to help wannabe o’d’s, (compared to other dealers), but trucks always presented in spotless condition.

I’d ALWAYS buy a FH over a mamby pamby fall to bits Scania any day and I am very happy with the fuel consumption

richiessex:
I’d ALWAYS buy a FH over a mamby pamby fall to bits Scania any day and I am very happy with the fuel consumption

Thats because you dont pay for it :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Well i have 8 trucks…6 dafs …1 scania…1 volvo…guess which costs the most operate?

You guessed correctly…Scania most expensive closely folowed by Volvo.

The sooner my new dafs come the better.Then it`s bye bye Scania & Volvo

No Sean but the next one i buy will be a FH as a pose to a 4 series Scania

Although i did buy a 143, but you’re talking about a ‘proper’ truck there :wink:

I like the DAF XF too, but a bit heavy aren’t they ?

any nearer to starting mate?

I bought 2 fhs from there a 420 xl and a 460 xl the 460 is a lot better on fuel but

we do run light.

Both trucks were 18 months old but looked new.

The guys name to talk to is Lee Smith

Hope that helps :laughing: :laughing:

Robbies Dad:
Well i have 8 trucks…6 dafs …1 scania…1 volvo…guess which costs the most operate?

are you running cf’s or xf’s?

paul b:

Robbies Dad:

XFs

paul b:
any nearer to starting mate?

Everytime i get near to starting I get a phone call from Jonah and well! you know what happens when that happens :wink:

I am hoping to get up and running before summer Paul, i’m also hoping to pick up a nice FH12 in gun metal grey on the cheap :wink:

Robbies Dad:

paul b:

Robbies Dad:

XFs

Try a CF space cab if you can get the drivers to drive em. Fantastic on fuel compared to the XFs

theres a firm local to me who are selling off two ex lease cf’s both 02’s and apparently they will take a very good price to see them gone, might call in next week to have a look.

paul b:
they will take a very good price to see them gone,

You could look at that in two ways!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are you expanding or has the ERF lost favour?

marcustandy:

paul b:
they will take a very good price to see them gone,

You could look at that in two ways!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are you expanding or has the ERF lost favour?

Probably as they’re not fashionable being a little cab, although they stand higher than a standard XF. My only problem with the DAF has been an apalling Dealer service, and occasional electrical problems, which they all seem to have nowadays :frowning: