fuel saving

Hi Guys,
im new on here and not sure if this is the right place on the forum to ask this, so sorry in advance if its the wrong area.
I run a Volvo FH 400ps Euro4 and have been thinking about remaps to get a little bit more from her and also for a bit extra fuel economy.
Anyway, I have had several of my previous cars fitted with a digital tunning box from a company in the Durham area called DTUK with fantastic power and fuel economy results.
I was up there the other day having a system fitted to my golf and got talking to one of the lads ( Andrew ) and mentioned my slightly bigger oil burner that I run and he recons he can supply me a kit to fit the Volvo that will give me about 400nm extra grunt and return 8-12% better fuel economy?
Now I might be being tight here but a middle of the road 10% saving on a £3-4K per week fuel bill is a pretty good saving.
So im guessing my questions are … has anyone on here had any exposure to these kits on there units and can anyone see any issues with them?
Like I say, ive had probs 6 of my last cars done by them and the figures he quoted me have always proved true.
Any input into this would be very welcome.

Cheers in advance :smiley:

This post was reported as advertising and was removed. It has been reviewed by the Admin and Mod team and have decided it should be reinstated.

3-4K fuel used per week assuming you do 2000 mile per week that’s a lot of fuel used .I would be thinking of getting rid of it I have a fh500 and average 8mpg =£1500

A big chunk of extra torque… will the gearbox and axle stand up to it?

Colingl:
This post was reported as advertising and was removed. It has been reviewed by the Admin and Mod team and have decided it should be reinstated.

I think you got the call right first time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t do 3-4k every week more like 900-1.2k but still a big chuck off the bottom line at the end of a week if the claims are true.

I was told they have dyno prints for most of the stuff they supply, they certainly did for all the cars they have done for me in the past.

That’s not the point of this anyway. The whole point was to find out if anyone had ever used them and had day to day experience of running a kit like this on their truck. I just want to weigh up the pros and cons.

Just for the record as we’ll, the only thing I’m advertising Harry, is the fact I like to do my homework :wink:

What about some SAFED training ?

You had six of your own vehicles, all be it cars done and you think it’s the bees knees. How’s about you be the guinea pig and let us know what return you get??
As your a regular customer you could probably get it cheaper and if you worked it right ie be the middle man make some money out of it to boot!!

what sort of mpg are you getting now?

I do think they are good on the car ( I see 70-80 miles per tank fill )but there is a massive difference between car and truck.
I am working on a trial of a kit for a week or so but they are really busy at the minute. If it’s offered as a trial I will be giving it a try.

Seeing between 8.5 & 11 depending on load.

Wouldn’t a week be too short? Maybe a month at least on a variety of trailers, load, weights to get a good show to compare to what you usually achieve fuel wise? That’s just my two pence worth

Oohh come on its a blooming obvious advert

Harry Monk:

Colingl:

I think you got the call right first time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta agree with H… :wink: