Greetings and Salutations!

Hi, i’ve only just found this site, and to be honest, i wish i’d found it when i first started driving, a lot of the pointers and tips could have been very helpfull to me on my first few days…

A little bit of info on me first :slight_smile:

I’ve been driving for two years (Car license) and 10 months in August for my HGV, Currently I’m driving for Robert Ellison Transport of sedgefield, but I drive a small four wheeler Concrete Truck, in the colours of Tyne Tees Mini Mix (Hence the name)

My boss, Robert has been so patient with me and I can’t thank him enough as i’ve had a few bumps and scrapes since i first started, but driving on buildings sites can be difficult, as I’m sure some of you may know :slight_smile:

I’ve grown up with trucks all my life, and first learnt to drive in a Foden 4000 series 300hp Cat engined four wheeler tractor unit, with a 9 speed range change and a splitter on the top four gears, I belive i can’t remember, I’ll have to ask my dad…

My dad now also drives for Robert Ellison and drives an ageing foden wagon and drag, with an Eaton Twin splitter.

Incidentally, I’m driving his wagon tomorow, but still haven’t fully grasped the Twin splitter, and i’m being left on my own tomorow, I’ve read your pointers and have to say, they don’t do the Eaton justice until you actualy get one in your hands! hehe, I have to say though, when under my fathers instructions, its one of the best gear boxes i’ve ever used :slight_smile:

Bring back the Twin Splitter EU!!

Oh, my truck has a 6 speed synchromesh, and I hate it, I hate it with a passion, when pulling 9 and a half tonnes of concrete, i don’t have nearly enough gears, a splitter box would have been perfect… but no… :frowning:

anyway, thats quite a long introduction…

But, again Hi!

James (Thor)

EDIT: Oh… and I’m 22

Hi thor
quite new myself but welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of knowlegde on here, all the best .

Welcome ThorMiniMix :smiley:

welcome to the forums glad ur enjoin them

Welcome ThorMiniMix!

New round here too - but already addicted! Wish I too had found the site a lot sooner!

6 speed boxes are just rubbish when you’re fully loaded, I have to agree there.

Welcome mate I agree this site is awsome. Look forward to reading your future posts. Cheers. nige

ThorMiniMix:

Oh, my truck has a 6 speed synchromesh…

That’ll be the one that wears the synchro if you double-de-clutch :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome Thor. You don’t have to be a nutter to be here - you’ll become one anyway :laughing: