yes its a eation pick a mix gear box

got 2 drive 1 today at a aution i was workin at and decided 2 get some pic
didn’t have a clue were the gears were so any info would be great :smiley:

Could be a twinsplit:

2   4
i---I
1   3

Or it could be a ZF 12 speed…
The gear pattern is the same in each case. The twinsplit has (as the name suggests) 2 splits per gear.
The ZF uses exactly the same lever and gate layout, but the lever back is low range, and the other 2 positions are high range, low and high splits.

high split         high range high split   
            /                  /
twinsplit: O- Mid split    zf:O-High range, low split
            \                  \
             low split          low range

This is the Eaton Twin splitter… in my opinion the best box made. There is normally a sticker on the windscreen showing the position of the gears.
Allikat is correct with the twin split in the diagram. Once driving you do not need the clutch to change gears up or down.
How did you manage to drive the truck if you didn’t know where the gears were?

guess work there was no sticker so i put it were first usly is and moved the splitter to position 1 and crosse my fingers we were only driving them round the aution yard so no need to have gone above 10mph :smiley:

Ooooh thx for pics, you making me all moist! :sunglasses:

Proper gearbox!

Like a yorkie bar…its not for girls!!

Best gearbox ever made,the twin splitter.
Had one in an ERF at Blakes Chilled distruibution,after playing “God save the Queen” for about 2 weeks,i mastered it and i’m sorry it was took out of production.
Sorely miss it.

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhh YES! Nowthen, I had one of these gearboxes in this filthy little sexpot of a truck…

Once I got used to it, it was bloody great! The best 'box I’ve ever used to be honest! :smiley:

I remember one balmy afternoon a few years since…I was chillin’ wiv me homies at the Ferrybridge massive when this young dude came up to my cab…“have you got one of those ■■■■■■ Eaton twin splitters” said the dude, “yo dude” said me…“how the [zb] do you use it?” said the exasperated dude… a quick lesson later and he was on his way, not entirely crunch-free, but well on his way! I hope he grew to love the thing like I did![/img]

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F