good price??

luton.gumtree.com/luton/86/54332386.html gotta be worth 10k just for the unit (hope the link works)

profits of 20 -30k per year :open_mouth: wonder why the owner was selling up?

That ad has got SCAM written all over it. :exclamation:

The unit alone is worth £30k and yet he’s throwing in at least £15k of trailer as well, plus work, all for £10k. Yeah whatever… :unamused:

The chances are that the truck and trailer are financed so all the guy is selling is his work promise of a profit (20 - 30k), the truck and trailer will be yours in about 4 years time maybe, 10k seems reasonable if you can continue with the daily work - however a profit of 20 - 30k is not a lot if you have to take out your tax/nat ins/holiday pay etc, may seem a bargain but I would not say it was a scam, maybe a good opportunity for someone who wants to become an owner driver but remember - buyer beware.

I mean any potential buyer would do all of the checks first - right?

Rob K:
That ad has got SCAM written all over it. :exclamation:

The unit alone is worth £30k and yet he’s throwing in at least £15k of trailer as well, plus work, all for £10k. Yeah whatever… :unamused:

It seems he has other business interests too, my virus checker doesn’t like one of the links but it was interesting to find the Polish URL.

To Pull Your Trailers On Traction Work 7 Days A Week.Wet Kit Fitted, St Albans Based,

Call Graham 07872180310 or email graham.orchard@virgin.net

loadup.co.uk/cgi-bin/comshow.pl

business for sale : buy a business in East Anglia
Reason for sale is ill health. For further details contact Graham. Tel: 07872180310. Send a Message to this Advertiser [Advert Ref: BFS133144] …

houseladder.co.uk/Property_For_Rent/216178

Looks like he’s set to do a Reginald Perin.

Wheel Nut:
It seems he has other business interests too, my virus checker doesn’t like one of the links but it was interesting to find the Polish URL.

What Polish URL? The “pl” at the end of the web address has naff all to do with Poland, it’s the file extension for a Perl script, which is in itself a totally harmless piece of code which generates the web page you get when you click the link.

£30 grand a year net profit…youd be better working for someone..rather than say i am an owner driver`

and what is a wet kit…sowester and a cape ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Most ODs only earn a wage comparable to that of an employed driver although of course you also have a saleable asset at the end of the finance term.

As previously stated, the £10k is probably just for an opportunity to take over the finance and an introduction to the work, I wouldn’t personally pay it.

“All this is provided with daily work generating £108,000 net turnover per year, estimated profits of £20-30,000 per year after expenses”

Ok. So I will live for 10 000 per year (after all, I won’t need home) and next year I will buy two of them for my profit. The next year I will be able to buy 6, the next year 18, the next year 54…

Eddie Stobart, be aware! I am coming! :slight_smile:

I have realised now that the pl is not part of the url, it was just Kaspersky warned me to get outa there sharpish. I probably jumped to a wrong conclusion when I saw the house in Tunnel Ave for sale or rent.

truckyboy:
and what is a wet kit…sowester and a cape ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Hydraulic tank, PTO and Pump.

The last time i bought a truck “with work” I got right royally shafted, and i certainly ain’t stupid… but maybe i was in 1999 before i was 'netified!

Condition, new MOT, immaculate condition. All this is provided with daily work generating £108,000 net turnover per year, estimated profits of £20-30,000 per year after expenses,

That works out at £9000 a month, not a good return for an artic, i wouldnt get out of bed for that, should be at least £12000 a month :grimacing: