Second hand value

Its funny how things change in our industry, I bought a brand new Broshuis semi in November 2007 & with all the extras it was a tad under 50k, I envisaged it being a 10 year trailer in all honesty & when I bought it they where like hens teeth. The last one I had sold without an advert placed, this one has had an advert in Trucktrader & a fortnight on there on line page & all I’ve had is one phone call, I’ve dropped it from 26k to 25k I’m thinking I can move a bit on that but it just goes to show the state of the economy that things like this that rarely come up for sale at this age are’nt moving.

I’ve asked a few blokes who seem to know there stuff & they reckon its bang on the money for what it is, bad days indeed at the moment…

Construction industurys is screwed here mate no one is spending unless they really have to.

Three year old (2005) DAF XF 95 SSC, top spec, 340,000 km.

Cost us £45,000 in August 2008, a good price at the time, as there were very few about.
We were offered £6000 a couple of months ago and it still has only 760,000 km on it.
This by a DAF dealer who has about ten unsold new XFs on his forecourt.

Regards,
Nick.

Price of low loaders are only going one way and thats down, i anticipate them dropping a lump in price by the summer. If you get an offer that is a few grand away from what you want i would let it go.

puntabrava:
Price of low loaders are only going one way and thats down, i anticipate them dropping a lump in price by the summer. If you get an offer that is a few grand away from what you want i would let it go.

spoken like a true expert on the subject !!
how long is it since you set up with your own cpc, motors and o licence?

Moose:

puntabrava:

I set myself up 25 years ago Moose, why do you ask■■?

I see what your saying puntabrava & I did afterall ask for opinions. Its a big world though & it is at the end of the day a trailer so can be sold anywhere, I may drop it a k or two as time is pressing now as advised.

Have you tried the dealers?

You won’t get the best price, but you’ve already said you’re willing to drop a couple of thou and you’ll get rid of it overnight assuming there is a dealer that wants it either for a customer or for stock.

i was asking mr brava! it’s not that long ago he was asking about o licence/cpc questions, now he can value a specialized trailer from a distance!
Good quality/spec trailers will sell at some time , how quick do you need rid?
moose

Moose:

puntabrava:

Ive spent millions of pounds on kit pal. Open your eyes before your mouth and look around at the auctions at the moment, the construction industry is in the mire and you dont need a trailer to move you once your in there. How about a tipper? even 2011 models.
malcolmharrison.co.uk/StockD … 6&sale=264 Along with about ten others this Saturday. I watched a 2006 4 axle 45 ton 60ft extender Andover sold 2 weeks ago for 26k, was a hell of a trailer for the money.

Moose:

puntabrava:

No disrespect but its probably worth nearer 40% of it’s orginal value not 50% , and yes I am well qualified to give this view this is based on market statistics and getting it’s value underwritten by a loan company. The day’s of 120% of book have long gone. Realistically you should expect to get between £16-£19K a dealer would to shift it quickly at around £2Ok.

There is nothing that the above that was said that isn’t true. Any type of flat, loloader or construction industry based kit is going unsold at present rather than cheap.

puntabrava:

Moose:

puntabrava:

Ive spent millions of pounds on kit pal. Open your eyes before your mouth and look around at the auctions at the moment, the construction industry is in the mire and you dont need a trailer to move you once your in there. How about a tipper? even 2011 models.
malcolmharrison.co.uk/StockD … 6&sale=264 Along with about ten others this Saturday. I watched a 2006 4 axle 45 ton 60ft extender Andover sold 2 weeks ago for 26k, was a hell of a trailer for the money.

In fairness mines a 58t gross although a Tri-axle & I’d personally put a Broshuis well ahead of an Andover & mines newer so if it made 26k with all what everyones saying I think it was dear…

Nextdrop:

Moose:

puntabrava:

No disrespect but its probably worth nearer 40% of it’s orginal value not 50% , and yes I am well qualified to give this view this is based on market statistics and getting it’s value underwritten by a loan company. The day’s of 120% of book have long gone. Realistically you should expect to get between £16-£19K a dealer would to shift it quickly at around £2Ok.

There is nothing that the above that was said that isn’t true. Any type of flat, loloader or construction industry based kit is going unsold at present rather than cheap.

Not disrespected at all Squire you may be right but I hope not…

I think your orginal post says it all !! the state of the construction industry or rather peoples lack of confidence in it I have 3 trucks working in it in different ways and I wouldn’t want any more worry’ funny enough the trucks work daily but I think its a mindset thing nothing more.

I have a mate with 5 trucks on mixer work in London and he wants 3 new chassis can he get decent finanace can he heck. I heard on radio 5 something like 20% of all builders will cease trading every year now thats a frighting statistic.

I have two Broshuis trailers and a Nooteboom they are lovIely bits of kit which I probably wouldn’t replace with the same again unless rates rise I buy my kit on the basis of it’s finance for 5 yrs and I sell it at 7 but I think it would take me 8-10 years at the moment to buy a new one

puntabrava:

Thinking logically this is quite true, in a month or two when everybody who has been working on the olympics etc come to realize that in the real world the work just isn’t there the market will be flooded.

P.S what would export values be on this sort of kit■■?

You did`nt hear this from me, but, its been useful for one or two in the same boat around here…

Chop it up, realise the cash, leave it a month, register in nicked, let your insurance company know…

Double pay day, and, as your packing up, no reprecussions next time round with the renewal :wink:

I haven’t got a clue what a Broshuis is worth, new or used, but I do read about the economy and the availability of hard cash. Many companies will lease rather than purchase capital equipment, which although it is more expensive in the long term, it means that a struggling business can get what they want while keeping solvent.

It happened in the car trade, companies who were normally big cash buyers turned to leasing to save face, they still had that good “look on” for their clients when a rep turned up in a 50k car.

I imagine it is the same as a farmer, having to have the biggest newest combine parked in the barn for 11 months.

Once the construction job turns, it’ll take off big time. The UK needs 200,000 new homes built every year to house a growing population, we’ve struggled to average 120,000 new homes a year since 2008.
I’ve a friend who’s an estate agent, he tells me of the masses of people living two familys to a house, some can afford to buy, others don’t currently meet the criteria for a mortgage, either way they’re all sitting it out just waiting to see what happens. I for one think that once one of the banks bolts and starts to lower the hurdles for a mortgage, the rest will follow like sheep, scared in case they miss out on something and wanting to make sure they get there share of the boom that filling a deficit of a quarter of a million houses will bring.
[zb]ing Gordon Brown bragged he’d ended the boom and bust scenario back in his early days, this must be one of the worst recessions in living memory, instigated by him and his pal Fred Goodwin.
Banks and Politicians eh, were stuck with them, but stuck without them :frowning:

Its a massive construction job “Crossrail” thats put Me in a spot of what to do next, its about the biggest project in Europe at the moment, it means the people I work for are flat out but in the same spot for 3+ years so they don’t need plant moving from one end of the land to the other like they used to.

I appreciate what your saying Stanley but I’ll refrain from doing a job on my Broshuis just yet.

I think Joe your right once the tossers at the banks start dishing mortgages out without the crown jewels as a deposit the job will bounce back in a big way, I’m just jumping ship whilst the lull is in full swing.

I’ve had a call over the trailer today after knocking it down a grand, we’ll see if the Guy comes to play soon enough & its in the rag this Thursday.

ncooper:
Three year old (2005) DAF XF 95 SSC, top spec, 340,000 km.

Cost us £45,000 in August 2008, a good price at the time, as there were very few about.
We were offered £6000 a couple of months ago and it still has only 760,000 km on it.
This by a DAF dealer who has about ten unsold new XFs on his forecourt.

Regards,
Nick.

thats some loss …£39k … not that you would sell it for that but if a dealer is offering £6 then its worth no more that £10 k private… thats still £35 k or just under 9k pa drop… if you are only a small haulier with say 5 trucks, thats some loss of your already skimp profit!

In the time you have had it, how much has been spent on it?

fly sheet:
Its a massive construction job “Crossrail” thats put Me in a spot of what to do next, its about the biggest project in Europe at the moment, it means the people I work for are flat out but in the same spot for 3+ years so they don’t need plant moving from one end of the land to the other like they used to.

I appreciate what your saying Stanley but I’ll refrain from doing a job on my Broshuis just yet.

I think Joe your right once the tossers at the banks start dishing mortgages out without the crown jewels as a deposit the job will bounce back in a big way, I’m just jumping ship whilst the lull is in full swing.

I’ve had a call over the trailer today after knocking it down a grand, we’ll see if the Guy comes to play soon enough & its in the rag this Thursday.

depends how urgently you need to offload… I would nto be too rash as you will end up giving it away… can someone sell it for you whilst you are elsewhere?

Has the truck gone now?