Going back tramping.great life adventure

dozy:
Mrs takes it out on me as she feels we should be doing all the normal things , going for meals , strolls etc , told me the other night she had enough , then your minds thinking is she going too be there when I get home

If she’s said she has had enough she has pretty much told you if you don’t leave the job she will leave you. Given how much you hate it I can’t understand why you wouldn’t take the hint. Go do some agency work where you can turn down what you don’t like, get home every day and be at home on weekends.

Wives tend to get fed up and start looking at other things when they’re living a life effectively as a single person because their husband is never there.

Conor:

dozy:
Mrs takes it out on me as she feels we should be doing all the normal things , going for meals , strolls etc , told me the other night she had enough , then your minds thinking is she going too be there when I get home

If she’s said she has had enough she has pretty much told you if you don’t leave the job she will leave you. Given how much you hate it I can’t understand why you wouldn’t take the hint. Go do some agency work where you can turn down what you don’t like, get home every day and be at home on weekends.

Wives tend to get fed up and start looking at other things when they’re living a life effectively as a single person because their husband is never there.

Ye gods it’s happened again !
I totally agree with Conor !

Dozy, the missus is worth far more than the poxy job

dozy:
I went on it for the sleep aspect , couldn’t keep going on 34/5/ hrs a night , but I’m not really getting anymore , alot of the time I just have too dump it in the nearest layby , and I’ve just not got used to trucks thundering by all night , or if I get in depot / services by the time I’ve had a shower / food / wound down it can be midnight and back up and going at 6/7 , and i keep waking up in night with alsorts going on in my head , Mrs takes it out on me as she feels we should be doing all the normal things , going for meals , strolls etc , told me the other night she had enough , then your minds thinking is she going too be there when I get home , I don’t know how I’d get my clothes washed and ironed if she left :frowning:

You really need to get out of this, you are letting them run you in the ground. And they will spit you out, after you either run into a ditch, lose it with a customer, and is that worth loosing your wife? You need to stop maxing your hours.
I’m supposed to be in Exeter tomorrow 09.00. I’m still not loaded in CCE north London (half two booking time) . It won’t be in Exeter at 09.00. I’ll park up outside when loaded, somewhere, and get there when I get there.

OVLOV JAY:
Having worked at maritime and tdg on hours, knowing how they operate, I’d hazard a guess that stobart drivers aren’t actually planned that tight, more a case of the drivers trying to milk every last penny :bulb:

No mate, they run you ragged.

I much preferred tramping to rushing everywhere and worrying about getting home within my hours. Much easier to not stress and park on an industrial estate

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dozy. You delivery ■■■■ like concrete. Chill the ■■■■ out.

dozy:
I don’t know how I’d get my clothes washed and ironed if she left :frowning:

PMSL
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

raymundo:
Tramping within the UK ■■ That is not fun that is torture !!

^
This
Never again in the UK, southern European mainly, different day different country, sunshine,shorts and crocs :grimacing:

dozy:
I went on it for the sleep aspect , couldn’t keep going on 34/5/ hrs a night , but I’m not really getting anymore , alot of the time I just have too dump it in the nearest layby , and I’ve just not got used to trucks thundering by all night , or if I get in depot / services by the time I’ve had a shower / food / wound down it can be midnight and back up and going at 6/7 , and i keep waking up in night with alsorts going on in my head , Mrs takes it out on me as she feels we should be doing all the normal things , going for meals , strolls etc , told me the other night she had enough , then your minds thinking is she going too be there when I get home , I don’t know how I’d get my clothes washed and ironed if she left :frowning:

Either you have been driving trucks for 20+years, and are still ■■■■ at it, or you are a Newby who needs to take some of the advice as been offered. Make up your mind dozy.

AndrewG:

raymundo:
Tramping within the UK ■■ That is not fun that is torture !!

^
This
Never again in the UK, southern European mainly, different day different country, sunshine,shorts and crocs :grimacing:

That’s what I preferred, even for companies like Murfitts and Richard Long :slight_smile: