Girlie trucker

i myslef and im sure a few others will take her more seriously when she posts in other topics apart from those about herself.

very good point

but i sorta desided not to come on here anymore because you are all so mean and usually put me in a bad mood… but then people have told me that you are talking about me again

but im 24… of course im a little self obsessed… but wasnt everyone at my age?

girlie_trucker:

im self obessed at 33 3/4 but who’s counting.

24,is it not time you thought about growing up :confused: :question: :unamused: We all like to take the mick out of each other every now and again,it’s called having a laugh. :unamused: if you can’t handle a bit of banta,then may i suggest that you don’t leave yourself wide open.Im sure you have had the micky taken whilst sat waiting to load/unload at drops that you go to,if you can’t handle it then your in the wrong job. :bulb: :wink:

people dont take the mickey out of me at work, most people are really nice or just normal and pleasant…

ive had a few people be mean because they dont think i should be doing the job, but ive never really experienced a lot of negativity till i came on here.

im not imature or lacking in any intelligance for my age… im just 24 and still finding my way… but not doing anything terribly wrong… this isnt really friendly banter tho… you just make things up and try make them sound true because your suppossed to be older and know better blah blah blah bLeagh! :stuck_out_tongue:

girlie_trucker:

No.

At 24 I was a self employed horse riding instructor with a morgage (subsequently a house to run) a husband, 2 kids and doing an intensive phisio programme to build up the strength in a plated (smashed) ankle.

Ladytrucker679:

girlie_trucker:

At 24 I was a self employed horse riding instructor with a morgage (subsequently a house to run) a husband, 2 kids and doing an intensive phisio programme to build up the strength in a plated (smashed) ankle.

I wish I could remember when I was 24… :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

What’s the point of this thread. it’s just a two-way slagging match at this point.

Surely enough is enough!

i know going the same way as the other one.

girlie_trucker:
exactly what i was thinking… anyone that posts on a thread they say they dont care about… well… its just plain weird.

i totaly admit i dont get out much… i work alot and then come home relax then come on here a bit…

yes northampton is awful… and im not that bothered about going out.

im saving to go to canada… … and its free to come on here… quite taxing on my happy nice thoughts tho

why do u people have to be so mean all the time? what happened to make u so grumpy? :unamused:

Ruddy happy clappy optimists

Sorry I meant young happy clappy optimists. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

girlie_trucker:
im not imature or lacking in any intelligance for my age… im just 24 and still finding my way… but not doing anything terribly wrong.

I’m nearly 55 and still finding my way…

anyone know where I can get an A to Z of life.

Worst of all…

the wife wont let me do anything terribly wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

The thing that gets me about this thread is that girlie trucker introduced hersef saying that she was a happy lass who wanted to encourage other girls into the industry, which is fair enough and to be commended. My initial response was here we go, just when women in wagons are really starting to get a bit of respect along comes another giggles and hair twirling lass to knock us back a decade but as the thread progressed I changed my mind and started to realise that to really have a balanced playing field we need all types of folk.
I don’t want to see all lasses in the industry with a sour attitude like myself so maybe this girl is on to something but sadly girlie trucker has only participated in a thread about herself and when she wasn’t met with rejoicing she has disapeared because people are being mean! :open_mouth: I was hoping she would contribute to other threads and join in with the community but unfortunately not.
As for people being mean, well folk are. This is not an “I told you so” post its a what a shame post. :frowning:

N.B This is my own opinion and does not in anyway reflect on the opinion of Tnet.uk.

i have posted on other threads… but all this just started to get me down

i know you all think im a weird attention seeker… and that must mean im thick skinned…

but im not at all… i am very sensitive and care too much what people think of me…

all this just got me down so i didnt wanna post on here anymore… but i am stupid and looked when someone told me you were talking about me again.

i was painfully shy when i was younger but always had the drive and determiation to not let it stop me doing things… now ive just gone totaly the opposite way and may seem a bit “lookat me look at me”

i have determination to do things… but no thick skin here.

i really do think if we were in real life face to face… we’d all get on ok… but on here everyone assumes things about people because we cant hear the sarcasm or personality in the jokes and oppinions.

girlie_trucker:

What you have is called a “self-selecting set”.

Those who don’t give a [zb] (generally) won’t bother posting because, well, they don’t give a [zb].

Those who are positive about you might say something nice and then move on.

Those who disagree with/don’t like you will be the ones who keep posting because, well, you’re arguing/discussing/whatever with them.

Therefore, the people who you get to talk to will generally be the negative ones.

Chill out, don’t worry about it, and move on. If people don’t want to know you because of who/what you are, then you’re probably better off.

Trouble in this industry is the amount of misserable gits you have to work with. It’s a refreshing change to see someone who is cheerful.

Most drivers seem to be able to whinge and still driver perfectly well, so no reason why anyone couldnt giggle and drive just as well.

I also think there is a line between having a bit of a laugh, mickey taking and trying to asassinate someones character.

The comment on the other post about it being ‘a mans job’ made me laugh. It’s such a varied industry with such a wide set of variations on a theme there are job types for everyone. I mean if you dont want a heavy physical job dont go driving a brewers dray, if you want a job with plenty of excersise, then dont go delivering cars (i defy anyone to handball even a Fiesta off a lorry :laughing: )

Personally i’d much rather work with cheerful people than misserble ■■■■■■■■■ whether they’re young, old, male, female, ugly or pretty. Thing is such people are put off by the misserable whingers.

Personally I think that Girlie must have bigger balls than some of the other posters here (if you pardon the expression) As a 24 year old girlie it cannot have been easy moving into such a typically male environment. Would some of you lot want to go and work in a hairdressers or nail parlour or other more female orientated environment…mmm thought not.

It’s an idea, think about all the pretty girls you get to chat up! :laughing:

Would some of you lot want to go and work in a hairdressers or nail parlour or other more female orientated environment…

■■■■ yer where do i start :smiley: :smiley:

Too late the job is mine :laughing:

8wheels:
Personally I think that Girlie must have bigger balls than some of the other posters here (if you pardon the expression) As a 24 year old girlie it cannot have been easy moving into such a typically male environment. Would some of you lot want to go and work in a hairdressers or nail parlour or other more female orientated environment…mmm thought not.

It wasn’t any different over 20 years ago, except there were even less of us about then.
I can remember going to collect a truck from a hire company, only to be told they didnt want women driving their trucks, :open_mouth: so the gov’nor had to send out a bloke to pick it up. Can’t see that happening now tho…
Nowadays, women driving trucks is encouraged. Imagine being turned down for jobs, simply because you’re female, and no matter how many times you complained, the standard answer was , It’s a man job, its not a job for women.
One of the first things a woman learns in this job, is how to duck so all the snide comments and negativity goes right over ya head.

Develop a thick skin, and get on with it. People are no less mean to you wether you are 24 or 44. Trust me, I know.