General tramping uk

Hi guys. I have started another thread following on from the “Container” posting. So it looks like containers are only for the guys that can negotiate decent rates and staying reasonably local. Can I have your comments please on General UK Tramping with a curtainsider. Being away for long periods does not bother me so just tramping around the UK picking up loads and on the odd occasion look for one to get me close to home.

1. How difficult is it to pick up loads with a decent rate or do you tell them what your rate is as I assume if I was tramping there would be no back load rate as I would not be going back to anywhere until I was going home?
  2. Would it be more beneficial to Sub out for a half decent rate with someone else finding your loads (and taking their cut) and get paid by them hence invoicing one client instead of every individual client if I was finding my own loads hence cutting down on paperwork and time. (My own reservation about finding own loads and loads of invoicing would be that I would be dealing with people I do not know and if they paid on time etc. Effectively no continuity)
  3. How would you go about getting loads?
    Thanks.

you have a pm

paul b:
you have a pm

:laughing:

Coward!

:laughing: :laughing:
i can’t post peoples phone numbers on a public forum!