Fuel protest 1/5/10 week long

Anyone heard anything about this? More to the point will it make a difference? Mind 2/3 year ago we used to moan like ■■■■ it was 99pence now its around £1.20 :cry:

facebook.com/pages/Stop-the- … 987?v=wall

Not heard anything about this. It seems that no ones over bothered about it this time, them sons of dogs that are trying to get into no 10 don’t seem to be getting questioned over it either which is disapointing particularly as they’ll be putting a few pennies on it as soon as they’re elected/re-elected. Its quite sad really that us as an industry has’nt got some kind of body to represent us over these matters.

Fly sheet

Not heard anything but i thought the government changed the law so that it was/is ILLEGAL to have any sort of protest like we had before

dogthehunter:
Not heard anything but i thought the government changed the law so that it was/is ILLEGAL to have any sort of protest like we had before

First i heard about it was today but that facebook has over 250k members :open_mouth:

Looks like they will buy their fuel from one supplier and try and hurt the rest instead of the blockade method used previously.

It winds me up reading some of the comments on that page as the retailers make NO money on our fuel in fact most of them swallow a loss in order to stay competitive the profit made by BP SHELL ESSO is made in Drilling and refining…i know this as in a previous life i was a manager of a petrol station

dogthehunter:
It winds me up reading some of the comments on that page as the retailers make NO money on our fuel in fact most of them swallow a loss in order to stay competitive the profit made by BP SHELL ESSO is made in Drilling and refining…i know this as in a previous life i was a manager of a petrol station

It’s obvious that it’s not really worth going to all the aggro of producing and selling road fuel for sale in the UK from drilling to the pump as the government tax the product at such a high level.But the government are happy to see the oil companies take all the blame for the rip off pump price and constantly use diversion tactics,which most people are stupid enough to swallow,to put the blame on the producers for what is,in fact,an extortionate level of taxation in which the producers and retailers get cost price if they’re lucky for the product they produce and sell while the government gets over twice as much in tax as the producers and retailers get in total for the product between them.So why don’t the oil companies try to recoup some of their losses and help subsidise road fuel users by charging around £5+ per gallon in the UK for train and air fuel as it’s obvious that the market is willing to stand that price level or we’d all stay at home :open_mouth: .That move would make the government sit up and take notice more than they’ll ever listen to road transport users complaints.

Theres a group on facebook that is arranging go slows all over the country and theres also a biker group that has arranged a go slow in manchester i think the people have finally had enough and i think that the hauliers should stand up and back them now seeing as how they all supported the hauliers and the farmers date set 1st of May 2010 for seven days but without major support from everyone no matter wot u drive then ur just gonna let the government step all over u.

facebook.com/group.php?gid=307148262680 take a look and have ur say

dogthehunter:

They put in Various laws in the last few years to stop anybody protesting about anything, mostly rubber stamped through, under the banner of anti terrorist laws.

Seen it all before it will have no effect at all the governement will rip us off as usual.

Go and vote for Lib Dem this year give the others 2 something to worry about and hope they realise its a competition now and not a 2 horse but a 3 horse race !!!

jammymutt:
Seen it all before it will have no effect at all the governement will rip us off as usual.

Go and vote for Lib Dem this year give the others 2 something to worry about and hope they realise its a competition now and not a 2 horse but a 3 horse race !!!

isnt one of the lib dems policies to move more freight by rail■■? so voting for them would basically be voting yourself out of a job :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

this wont make any difference just like last time. it worked in 2000 because they took everyone by surprise but they seem to have lost their imagination and unless they have changed their attitudes in the last 2 years, they are not interested in the public so will never gain enough support to be noticed. i wont be wasting my time with them again

For all the mathematicians amongst us.

IF Fuel duty was removed, lets say 75p per litre, and placed on income tax, what would income tax have to be raised to?

It seems fair that ALL pay a tax and not a select group of drivers.

Thetaff:

jammymutt:

isnt one of the lib dems policies to move more freight by rail■■? so voting for them would basically be voting yourself out of a job :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That and reducing fuel duty, scrapping road tax but then charging all road freight on a pence per mile basis and creating non profit toll schemes on all motorways and trunk roads.

Their figures don’t add up to pay for the other things they are proposing :open_mouth:

Hi all,

Been out of the industry for a couple of years but am deep into Jet A1 fuel for aircraft.

Current pricing in the UK is circa 40 pence per litre…VAT is only chargeable to private aircraft.
Maybe this would be a way of approaching the government, as this is industry then all fuel should be tax exempt like air travel. Also, if you can prove that you’re off to Europe then VAT should not be applicable either like it is for all aircraft.

I wince everytime I fuel up my car as I know the true cost of fuel and no one is taking a stance, I’d love to myself but work, the lady and golf take up all of my time!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Rat

Its a waste of time,no ruleing gov gives a dam about the road haulage industry in this country and never will.I did 30+yrs[prior to ret.]as a driver and in all that time no gov. ever backed anything to do with drivers,all they ever talked about was trying to get haulage off the road and on to the railways.As a final rant you only have to listen to news bullitins about fuel cost rises,its all about cars cars cars,very rarely is there any reference to trucks or the impact on their customers or drivers.
regards dave.

Ratchet:
Hi all,

Been out of the industry for a couple of years but am deep into Jet A1 fuel for aircraft.

Current pricing in the UK is circa 40 pence per litre…VAT is only chargeable to private aircraft.
Maybe this would be a way of approaching the government, as this is industry then all fuel should be tax exempt like air travel. Also, if you can prove that you’re off to Europe then VAT should not be applicable either like it is for all aircraft.

I wince everytime I fuel up my car as I know the true cost of fuel and no one is taking a stance, I’d love to myself but work, the lady and golf take up all of my time!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Have they removed the 5% vat on internal flights?

Have been out of the industry since 2005, but thats what it was when I left.

Rat

ok so lets scrap duty on haulage companies so the owners of these so called haulage companies can make bigger profits or tesco’s and the likes can driver down their transportation costs which will not increase employment within the industry whilst still costing the drivers more money to get to work without an increase in wages everyone needs fuel duty decreases not just the select few :unamused:

local radio here is saying expect long delays on m62…if your on hourly pay fill your boot

www.spenboroughguardian.co.uk/news/Bike … 6214434.jp

or just type in google motorcycle fuel protest m62 1 may 2010

I like the way u all sit there and moan and say u are not willing to support the public they supported u in 2000 and all the other times do u not think its time we became united and stood up to this rip off government so wot if they made it illegal to protest for the hauliers if theres enough of us to stand together along with the public i think the government will sit up and listen its time to make a stand the higher this fuel goes the less haulage jobs there will be and the more foriegn trucks there is the higher the casualities there will be i for one is fed up being pushed around join the protests and lets see wot we can do