Fridge trailer and truck wash,

Hi all.

Im hoping someone could give me an answer to my silly question, would rather ask a silly question on here and be on the safe side than get the sack.

Recentlty i have been doing a bit of fridge work, never done it before now and the truck and trailer im using are a quite dirty,i have this truck and trailer again tomorrow and want to bang is through a truck wash.

my question is can you safely use a truck wash while your fridge is running? without it going up in flames as in school i told apparantly water and electrics dont mix very well, im guessing fridges are “weather resitent” but im not allowed to turn the fridge off! so just asking for some re-assurance before i write my own p45.

thankyou
greg

no harm done when it’s raining. however, it could ■■■■ water in, and spray it on the product. (in theory).
don’t forget to dip the fuel, fridges never give a true reading. and check the oil.

I think you really need to ask your boss… surely you aren’t contemplating doing this off your own back and paying for it yourself?

if your going through the wash it only takes a few minutes,so you would IMO be ok to turn it off then make sure you turn it back on when your done,no harm done :wink:

Thetaff:
if your going through the wash it only takes a few minutes,so you would IMO be ok to turn it off then make sure you turn it back on when your done,no harm done :wink:

But the print-out would show it had been turned off…

Harry Monk:

Thetaff:

But the print-out would show it had been turned off…

if it works in the first place,how many places do you know that ask for a printout these days i only know of one that has ever asked me

It will be ok, the firm my dad used to work for had like a tunnel they drove through and it sprayed water from all directions, it should be ok running as well, no worse than driving into heavy rain.

Harry Monk:
I think you really need to ask your boss… surely you aren’t contemplating doing this off your own back and paying for it yourself?

Same Here, you may even find your boss has noticed how minging his truck and trailer are and wonders when you are going to ask him where to wash off

None of our vehicles have ever caught fire when going through the wash with the fridge on.