Fridge bashing.

I have noticed a lot of on here lately,what with the general public with their Nimby`ism,and lack of knowledge of road haulage,we have some that object to fridges,i would prefer sleeping by one as it would drown out any noise,foam ear plugs maybe if a light sleeper.

i wish they would do one of two things. either switch it off, or leave it on constant. otherwise just as you get used to the noise they switch off, then just as you nod off they roar into life.

It is not like the old days of old breaking fridge motors,they were very noisy,belching out black smoke,rattling away,some looked like they were going to blow up any minute.!!

I’m a new artic driver by only a few months and I pulled into the services the other day there and I carefully found a spot beside another fridge so to not upset anyone who was sleeping that never had a fridge, and the minute I hit the bunk I was out like a light, my fridge was running and so was the guys beside me.

Maybe more places with plug in`s to attach to the fridge.

Just curious, if running at +1, how many on here would turn it off for a 45?

Seen a few times now, something which seems like a good idea:
Fridge driver drops the trailer in a layby, then spins around and parks the unit right upto the back doors on the trailer.
Other trucks park in front of the trailer.

So the guy in the unit is 40’ behind the fridge, the truck in front of him is 40’ in front of the fridge, and the toerags can’t rob the load.

With no locking device on the pin of the trailer.

Sam Millar:
I’m a new artic driver by only a few months and I pulled into the services the other day there and I carefully found a spot beside another fridge so to not upset anyone who was sleeping that never had a fridge, and the minute I hit the bunk I was out like a light, my fridge was running and so was the guys beside me.

Were you taking sleeping pills as Switchlogic advised though?

toby1234abc:
With no locking device on the pin of the trailer.

Well, you could put a locking device on the pin of the trailer :unamused:

Own Account Driver:

Sam Millar:

It could explain some of his mad videos :wink: lol

franklin:

The trailer records the activity of the fridge and some customers require a printout, switching off for your 45 is not a problem, pallets of goods that are densely packed will cool a lot slower than supermarket deliveries that are in cages, outside temperature also effects the outcome, in cool weather a +1 load of pallets could possibly be switched off all night.

franklin:

I would and do, in 45 it only goes up by 1 or 2 at most

Sam Millar:

It’s called exhaustion…welcome to haulage!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

franklin:

I would and I do.

Own Account Driver:

Sam Millar:

No, two can of Monster.

Truckulent:

Sam Millar:

It’s called exhaustion…welcome to haulage!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah I think that’s more like it lmao.