French lorry ban myth

i’ve done plenty of european work and i’ve been lucky not to get stuck when the ban kicks in.
but i’ve been told that if you are heading north, and are within 9 hours from the boat, then you can carry on.
is this true?

TRY DOING it and see how much you will be asked to
pay , thats if you are not excempt from the ban or
have a permit .the answer is no,

No, you used to be able to drive in France if you were heading home but that finished in the early 1990s.

Harry Monk:
No, you used to be able to drive in France if you were heading home but that finished in the early 1990s.

What Harry says, you used to be able to do it on a Sunday, if you could get to a port within your hours (didnt realise it was that long ago though) :blush:

Are you still allowed to carry on driving as per normal on a Sunday, if you have perishables on■■? ie Soft fruit.

As far as ime aware you can still drive up through Spain/France on Sat night/Sunday with perishables
but dont take it as gospel. ime sure someone will correct me if ime wrong :wink:

Should have that here and monday, tuesday…lol

can drive in france in either direction only with perishables, airfreight, race equipment or event and cultural stuff.
so fridges can run but not with frozen and also transam boys got no problems with concert stuff and the formula 1 guys can keep on trucking

on the EURO STICKY’S are links to sites which
give this Information, go and have a read, :bulb:
and so get the information you need :exclamation:

limeyphil:
i’ve done plenty of european work and i’ve been lucky not to get stuck when the ban kicks in.
but i’ve been told that if you are heading north, and are within 9 hours from the boat, then you can carry on.
is this true?

Years ago youy could go when you were on the Way Home,but that was cancelled and i don’t no one who was brave enough to ignore it.

welshboyinspain:
can drive in france in either direction only with perishables, airfreight, race equipment or event and cultural stuff.
so fridges can run but not with frozen

Not just fridges- we backload onions from Spain in Tautliners and these are specifically classed as perishable and so we are allowed to run on Sunday.

Curiously, honey is classed as perishable even though it will stay preserved for 2000 years.

Harry Monk:

welshboyinspain:
so fridges can run but not with frozen

Not just fridges- we backload onions from Spain in Tautliners and these are specifically classed as perishable and so we are allowed to run on Sunday.

Curiously, honey is classed as perishable even though it will stay preserved for 2000 years.

but would you try honey from a jar that old :open_mouth:

:grimacing: We carryed everything

i know there is also an excemption for printed material.

but the post regarding onions made me chuckle. as i came up from valencia about 18 months ago with a load of onions, i had a right sweat on, i was panicking, thinking “i’m not gonna make it, oh [zb]”.
now i find out, i would have been ok anyway. :laughing:

[/quote]
Got stung by a Bee today, kin £20 for a jar of honey :laughing:

EDIT… Deleted, double post.

Here are some of the loads you can run with in France during weekend driving bans…

perishable goods and products : eggs; live fish, crustaceans and shellfish;
foodstuffs requiring refrigeration; frozen and deep-frozen foodstuffs, in particular meat
products, seafood, milk and dairy products, egg-based products, yeast and vegetable
products including refrigerated fruit juices and ready-to-use chopped raw vegetables; all
foodstuffs which must be kept warm; fresh fruit and vegetables, including potatoes, onions
and garlic; cut flowers, and potted plants and flowers; honey; animal carcasses.

As you can see, it is perfectly permissable to run with frozen food as well as fresh.

Full list and all other info about the driving ban here…

put.edidomus.it/trasporti/pdf/Francia.pdf

welshboyinspain:
so fridges can run but not with frozen and also transam boys got no problems with concert stuff and the formula 1 guys can keep on trucking

we are always on a permit to run, do fridges have to have one? im guessing not?..

post and livestock are allowed to run i believe

I allways insisted on a perishable certificate from the packing house staff while running with onions in France on Sunday bans.Got stopped without the permit,and had no problems.Some say need it,some say no need as write on CMR perishable.It was some sort of ministry of agriculture paper with an official stamp on it.

I remember running South from Toulouse area toward La Jonquera with a load of ice cream for Barca in July, around Bastille Day. The first Condom/Douane must have put the word out 'cos I have never been stopped so many times as that hot & sunny Sunday afternoon.

Oh yes, they all got a Cornetto! :laughing: :sunglasses:

Ran with onions in a Taut plenty times to, can’t remember ever being stopped, think they could smell them as the came up behind (same as the ‘skins’) lol :laughing: