Fist propper run

First run in a Class 2 tomorrow! :smiley:

Doing a box swap at the Hatfield hub, full of Amazon stuff.
Paranoid about taking the tail lights off when i;m backing under the box though! :confused:

well i think it is, DHL domestic arent always the most decisive firm! may well end up with a sprinter doing multidrop by the time i get in! :frowning:

Good luck :smiley:

Good luck tomorrow :smiley:, hope you avoid the Sprinter work.

Doing a box swap at the Hatfield hub, full of Amazon stuff

could be loaded with coffeeā€™s book :wink: :smiley:

Good luck anyhow :slight_smile: hope it goes well :sunglasses:

Good luck manā€¦
fly it!

No real problems, went up there, trafiic was stop start once i got to the Dartford crossing, but not bad for that bit of car park.

Swapped the box ok and pulled off the bay, had a look in the back and it was only about an eigth full! Would have fitted in my car, still it was experience.

Drove out ok and headed down to minispares centre at potters bar, parked up and had my break, (while shopping :smiley: )

Got back ont eh 25, then bugger big queues from 28 onwards, then they close it at 29, no idea where i was going and no where to pull over! Luckily there was plenty of queueing traffic so had a chance to read the atlas, and see where the hell i was going.
A quick trip round Romford and Rainham and i was back on the 25 just the otherside of the tunnel.

Great thing about traffic in a truck is there isnt much clutch pumping, just plod along in second.

Found one thing that annoyed me though, youā€™re on the motorway and traffic is joining from a slip road, you cant move out of their way as the righthand lane is busy. So you ease off a little to let them out, now if i was in a car they would put their foot down and slot in front of me. In a truck the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  slam their brakes on, because theyā€™re frightened of this big yellow thing speeding along at 50mph!

Good stuffā€¦Itā€™s a bit of an eye opener with these dudes in their cars. I noticed it in my HGV trainingā€¦Theyā€™re likeā€¦Hmmmm, shall I shant I, shall I shant Iā– ā– ? That truckā€™s rather big inā€™t it!
They slow down, then decide that they can probably do it, panic cause the slip is running outā€¦then pull out last minute, cause you to slow and then fly out accross all three lanes to get to the fast laneā€¦cause theyā€™re the fastest and best drivers, NO?
Bollo*ksā€¦it must be some sort of car driverā€™s syndrome or sominā€¦Iā€™m just waiting for the day that I have a heavy load on and really curse em for it!

Easy-G:
They slow down, then decide that they can probably do it, panic cause the slip is running outā€¦then pull out last minute, cause you to slow and then fly out accross all three lanes to get to the fast laneā€¦cause theyā€™re the fastest and best drivers, NO?

That happens everyday! Iā€™ve only been driving trucks for 6 months but I see it all the time. Theres also the same thing in reverseā€¦ repmobile flies down the outside, nips into the safe gap you left, then realises heā€™s too fast for the slip road & brakes causing the ā€œsafe gapā€ to become inches before veering off up the slip!

Then theres Mr Trilby & his cauliflower hairdo mrs who come down the slip at a steady 56, have no intention of giving way & force you to pull out into lane 2 to avoid them. They then sit there at the same 56mph leaving you in lane 2 with a queue of traffic behind you & no-one prepared to let you back to lane 1 & thus causing the fabled ā€œrolling roadblockā€

Out of interest, do indicators have the same protective powers as hi-viz vests? It seems that as long as you indicate you are immune to all forms of bodily harm :slight_smile:

Well done dennisw1 :smiley:

Out of interest, do indicators have the same protective powers as hi-viz vests? It seems that as long as you indicate you are immune to all forms of bodily harm

O thought it was the other way, if you dont bother then you can pull out in front of 44 tons with your smart car?

Then theres Mr Trilby & his cauliflower hairdo mrs who come down the slip at a steady 56, have no intention of giving way & force you to pull out into lane 2 to avoid them. They then sit there at the same 56mph leaving you in lane 2 with a queue of traffic behind you & no-one prepared to let you back to lane 1 & thus causing the fabled ā€œrolling roadblockā€

Let them hit the side of the lorry :smiling_imp: , you dont ā€˜haveā€™ to move over for them, theyā€™re supposed to fit in with the flow of traffic.
Car comes belting down a slip and slams into the side of a lorry, then their to blame end of.