First run

DHL let me out for my first run in a truck on Wednesday.

Well OK it was only a 7.5 tonner and it was an iveco but they can just about be deemed as trucks :laughing:

Nice drive just did 5 Bulk drops around Thanet and Herne bay.

The Eurocargo was quite comfy too, loads of storage space and decent spec for a base model, leccy windows and cruise. The cruise was good, you could virtually drive it with your finger tip on main roads, it even put the exhaust brake in to keep the speed constant on downhills.

When they get their finger out and do my assement i should be able to use an 18 tonner, they dont seem to be able to organise a noshup in a chinky though.

We might have passed each other out on the road this week - I’ve been doing a similar thing for Mike Beer in Dover on their Pall Ex work. Back with them Monday and Tuesday, so look out for a small blue DAF curtainsider.

Are you running out of the DHL depot on Aylesham Industrial Estate :question:

When they get their finger out and do my assement

Don’t worry about it m8,they will get there eventually.Express don’t russ for no one. :wink:

Don’t worry about it m8,they will get there eventually.Express don’t russ for no one.

The op’s manager said they’ve waited six months for an assesment before now, until i have it i cant drive their trucks. So by the time i get it i’ll be totally out of practice! I think i’ll wait til xmas if i havent got it by then i’m out of there.

Are you running out of the DHL depot on Aylesham Industrial Estate

That’ll be the one.
We might well have passed, i’m always seeing MBT wagons about, i think i’m probably delivering to MBT/Charlton bodies this week.

The op’s manager said they’ve waited six months for an assesment before now, until i have it i cant drive their trucks. So by the time i get it i’ll be totally out of practice! I think i’ll wait til xmas if i havent got it by then i’m out of there.

Listen m8 i’v never had an assesment and i’v been 8 years with them so far,they will put you on the 18 tonner’s when they suddenly find out they need a class2 driver for the spare18 tonner lying there doing nothing.

I started off in an 11toner doing multi-drop in Edinburgh,now i’m in the Artic’s without an assesment,so you will get there.Just be patient m8.keep smiling m8 they can only shaft you for 8 hours a day. :laughing: