First time on night out

Just been told I have a 2 day job with night out. First time for night out.

As I have had no reduced rests in last month am I right in thinking that I can do a 9 hour break if time is tight.

Also I guess I need 2 tacho charts but is there anything special I should do to link the two as one shift?

No idea what truck will be so don’t know if I will be a sardine by Wednesday. Let’s hope not.

Got basic essentials packed for night out.

No idea of schedule but does anyone have any tips for where to park or avoid. It’s a multidrop round Devon and Cornwall.

Dean

9 hour reduced should be fine, take more than 2 charts with you - you should always carry spares anyway, in case one gets damaged. As for linking them to show one trip - no need. Just mark them the same as if you were at base - just put where you ACTUALLY are and not your base town, obviously :wink:
Can’t help you with parking, as it’s a long time since I’ve been down that neck of the woods. I used to try and park up at my last tip for the day, as long as there’s somewhere to get a drink and some food (and they don’t work all night).
Have fun :slight_smile:

You can park on the Bus Station in Plymouth and the Barbican is only footsteps away…

(Probably not a good idea if it’s your first night out).

Good Luck, Al

dar1976:
Just been told I have a 2 day job with night out. First time for night out.

As I have had no reduced rests in last month am I right in thinking that I can do a 9 hour break if time is tight.

Also I guess I need 2 tacho charts but is there anything special I should do to link the two as one shift?

No idea what truck will be so don’t know if I will be a sardine by Wednesday. Let’s hope not.

Got basic essentials packed for night out.

No idea of schedule but does anyone have any tips for where to park or avoid. It’s a multidrop round Devon and Cornwall.

Dean

As long as it’s got a bunk, you can’t overnight in a day cab - illegal to take a daily rest without access to a bunk. Just so’s ya know :slight_smile:

Thanks for replies.

A great help.

Dean

The Sarge:
…you can’t overnight in a day cab…

Yes you can.

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Yes you can.

Not unless you are staying in a hotel you can’t. Unless you mean some type of folding bunk? I wouldn’t think there’s many of them about in day cabs. :slight_smile:

The Sarge:

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Yes you can.

Not unless you are staying in a hotel you can’t. Unless you mean some type of folding bunk? I wouldn’t think there’s many of them about in day cabs. :slight_smile:

Hammock.

Don’t laugh, there was a member on here who used to do just that, he even posted some photos of the arrangement.

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Yes you can.

Hammock.

Don’t laugh, there was a member on here who used to do just that, he even posted some photos of the arrangement.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sorry, couldn’t help meself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I guess it’s covered under “bunk or couchette” - don’t think I’d fancy it at 6’2" and 20 stone though :wink:

The Sarge:

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Yes you can.

Hammock.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sorry, couldn’t help meself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I guess it’s covered under “bunk or couchette” - don’t think I’d fancy it at 6’2" and 20 stone though :wink:

No mention of bunk or couchette in the requirements for normal daily rest, it simply says - suitable sleeping facilities and a hammock could be construed as suitable.

Then again if at home you sleep on a plank of wood suspended between a couple of dining chairs you could claim a plank of wood across the seats as suitable. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

The Sarge:

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Coffeeholic:

The Sarge:

Yes you can.

Hammock.

I know what you mean being 6ft4 and 19 stone. Could be an interesting night lol

So a 3300 DAF day cab from Charles Alexander is not suitable for doing Turkey then? :stuck_out_tongue:

Day almost over. One drop left to do. Then find somewhere to park up for the night in or around Paignton.

Any ideas?

Dean

Newton Abbot had a lorry park somewhere near the racecourse, if I remember rightly. Can anyone confirm this? If not there’s a few industrial parks if nothing better…
Sorry I can’t help more :blush:

Thanks. Got a spot in Plymouth on retail park where I start in morning. Been a long day but enjoyed it :slight_smile:

Have you done your dcpc as a noob? Just wondering as I’m shocked anyone new would ask this question having just completed such a high standard of training :laughing:
If I were you I’d go to the sticky in the drivers forum and save the topic new drivers regs(or something along those lines) and when you’re parked up read them over and over till they digest :wink: even better if you can print them off and keep a copy in your cab and that way if you get stuck and don’t have access to this place you can have a quick gander and do your best not to get an infringement.

Yes I passed car test post 97 so have taken DCPC as noob.

Was just clarifying as opposed to not knowing at all.

Glad you know everything though !!!

[/quote]
Well said young man!

dar1976:
Thanks. Got a spot in Plymouth on retail park where I start in morning. Been a long day but enjoyed it :slight_smile:

It’s not a bad life, if you don’t crack :sunglasses:

dar1976:
Yes I passed car test post 97 so have taken DCPC as noob.

Was just clarifying as opposed to not knowing at all.

:confused:

Bit touchy tonight?
I was taking the ■■■■ out of the dcpc not you nor claiming to know everything chill out man :smiley:
Always better to ask, however I was genuinely trying to help suggesting you get hold of a copy of the regs and digest em :unamused: