First night out, Any advice?

Got my first night out tomorrow night, class 2 for longs of leeds… Any advice for night out noob??

Cheers

:slight_smile:

B…

Don’t park near a fridge if its running!

Dont park ANYWHERE near a ■■■■■ camp .

Seems that a word commonly used to describe the travelling community is now banned on here … ffs :unamused:

Take the missus…Christen the truck and let her see how bloody hard it is to make a living whilst living in the truck, that way time off is time off not doing chores all the time!
Win win situation…that advice came free from a twice divorced driver !!!

Don’t take a space that a larger vehicle might need, don’t park somewhere too quiet, if you have an empty curtainsider open a door, (whichever one is safest to open) don’t expect to sleep well until you get used to it, try not to park in a layby, do try to park near somewhere that will serve you hot food or drinks when you get up!

Always carry your night out bag even if they say its not a night out. Even if your on your 6th card.

Dont get caught out like me tonight. I have until 1410 tomorrow to get home on my 7th card. Using a pop bottle for a pillow, luckily I have a night heater for when the temp drop in the night. Carry a credit card (Always) or have access to cash.

Finally when the pimp asks if she was any good. Tell him she was ■■■■, next time it will be half price :smiley:

Buy some of those little foam ear plugs they’re great for drowning out running fridges or noisy gits doing trailer swaps at 2.00 am.

Do you know roughly where you are aiming to overnight? If its South Mimms take earplugs & be prepared for a loud night !! Avoid parking in between 2 fridges if you can.

I drive a Class 2 with a fridge. I have noticed the looks I get from drivers when I turn in to a service area, but the look of relief when I park away from them all as the fridge is on full to set -25.

Have a dump late afternoon and grab some nosh as well. Then you can stop pretty much
anywhere without worrying about the above.

Don’t forget your pyjamas and dressing gown.

Some good advice there chaps! :laughing:

Cheers!

B…

I stayed in services or truckstops the first quite a few times i had a night out, even if i was empty, felt better knowing there were others around and also i didnt have any cooking stuff etc as it was nights out when needed so was it ment i could get a decent meal access to toilets and shower whilst i got the hang of it.

The advice i would give you is to enjoy and remember your first nights out, i’ve certainly got very fond memories of mine.

Saaamon:
The advice i would give you is to enjoy and remember your first nights out, i’ve certainly got very fond memories of mine.

My first night out was in a Volvo F10 back in 1988 at Lesmahagow Truckstop on a Monday with a tip at Paisley next morning.

take a book or magazine ( not nuts etc) bit of reading can help you switch off ready for sleep helps you tune out all the stresses of the day

and stay off the interweb on your phone the urbex sites can do with out you for a night

have fun mate

bald bloke:

Saaamon:

My first night out was in a Volvo F10 back in 1988 at Lesmahagow Truckstop on a Monday with a tip at Paisley next morning.

I remember mine too, was 7months ago in a day cab atego. Broke down in the middle of battersea so the company I’m with now booked me into the nearest travel lodge for the night. Nice double room with Italian restaurant next door. Certainly beat the stralis I spend the night in most the time now :grimacing:

Don’t forget your phone charger, & take some food & a drink with you , just in case, baby wipes come in useful :smiley:

My first night out was in a 58 plate Volvo FH, at the Colnbrook truckstop…

Longs insist on paid parking and are a member off the snap scheme.