First night out, Any advice?

Don’t use your sock to wipe the man fat up with, as you’ll have to put the sock back on in the morning

first nite out in a merc 814 day cab at crawford truckstop freezing cold and thick snow used coat as curtains watched stripper got pis##d in bar slept like a log good old days :smiley:

All sound advice, but due to the ■■■■ up fairies and agencies… its not happening now :frowning: BUGGER! And i was all fired up and ready to go for it!

cheers all the same though, ill bear it ALL in mind :slight_smile:

B…

Argh bad luck mate, keep your chin up though and smile they might come back with another for you :slight_smile:

Bungle666:
All sound advice, but due to the [zb] up fairies and agencies… its not happening now :frowning: BUGGER! And i was all fired up and ready to go for it!

B…

Lucky escape!

WTF would you not be happy with sleeping at home?!! :question: :question:

Truckulent:

Bungle666:
All sound advice, but due to the [zb] up fairies and agencies… its not happening now :frowning: BUGGER! And i was all fired up and ready to go for it!

B…

Lucky escape!

Some of us like being away from home and certainly at first its good fun… Just because you mite not like it theres no need to put a damper on it for the OP.

Truckulent:

Bungle666:

B…

Lucky escape!

It really doesn’t bother me! Im fairly new to the game, and I need to try stuff to see if i like it! Day work is ok, but you can only ever go 4.5 hours away from home… i wanna see more of the country and go to far flung places beyond the 4.5 hour mark! I think it would be good to see the country on someone else’s diesel!

Saaamon:
Some of us like being away from home and certainly at first its good fun… Just because you mite not like it theres no need to put a damper on it for the OP.

Exactly mate, plus why sleep at home when i can draw £20 a night sleeping elsewhere! :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

B…

Bungle666:

Truckulent:

Bungle666:

B…

Lucky escape!

It really doesn’t bother me! Im fairly new to the game, and I need to try stuff to see if i like it! Day work is ok, but you can only ever go 4.5 hours away from home… i wanna see more of the country and go to far flung places beyond the 4.5 hour mark! I think it would be good to see the country on someone else’s diesel!

Saaamon:

Exactly mate, plus why sleep at home when i can draw £20 a night sleeping elsewhere! :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

B…

This job is what you make it in my opinion. Its a great feeling when your given your first decent length trip and you dont hear from the office for a couple of days. Why not look for a full time job tramping or doing a couple of nights out a week?

Saaamon:

Bungle666:

Truckulent:

Bungle666:

B…

Lucky escape!

Saaamon:

Cheers

B…

This job is what you make it in my opinion. Its a great feeling when your given your first decent length trip and you dont hear from the office for a couple of days. Why not look for a full time job tramping or doing a couple of nights out a week?

That is an eventual aim mate, its my lack of experience that’s holding me back now, but ill get there!

the thought of being away for the week, and getting on with the job really appeals to me!

Cheers

B…

I slept in mine on Sunday night in the yard so i could have a very early start and to save sneaking outa the house at 3am and the 20min drive. It did’nt go to plan tho and i rolled out at 7am lol,ended up being out last night as well.

My tip is,don’t diesel up at night,save it until the morning.Im sure if somebody was going to take your diesel and tapped your tank and it sounded empty maybe they wouldn’t bother attacking it.

You will need an empty bottle to pee in at night,and some carrier bags for number two`s.At any camping shop there are little gas cookers,with cartridges to top up with.
If go to Lidl and Aldi, you can knock up a cheap and tasty meal, they sell noodles, rice pudding, chicken in white sauce,and sweet and sour,cans of beef stew,sardines or pilchards,Ryvita style biscuits.
Milk powder is better as fresh milk will go rancid and sour if you have no fridge in the cab, to make a tea or coffee.
Storage containers for all the bits and bobs.
A large water container with a tap at the bottom, to shave and wash with and can be used as a shower,a medicine box.

toby1234abc:
You will need an empty bottle to pee in at night,and some carrier bags for number two`s.At any camping shop there are little gas cookers,with cartridges to top up with.
If go to Lidl and Aldi, you can knock up a cheap and tasty meal, they sell noodles, rice pudding, chicken in white sauce,and sweet and sour,cans of beef stew,sardines or pilchards,Ryvita style biscuits.
Milk powder is better as fresh milk will go rancid and sour if you have no fridge in the cab, to make a tea or coffee.
A large water container with a tap at the bottom, to shave and wash with and can be used as a shower,a medicine box.

Its not that hard to knock up a half decent meal in a lorry, i’ve got steak and chips tonight, probably have an bacon omelette tomorrow… No need to live on crap from lidl, soon make you ill.

Saaamon:

Truckulent:

Bungle666:

B…

Lucky escape!

Bungle666:

Truckulent:

Bungle666:

B…

Lucky escape!

Saaamon:

Cheers

B…

£20 per night is £1.82/hour on an 11 hour daily rest…

I don’t mind it from time to time…

But there is no way I would choose acting as a security guard on £1.82/hour, in preference to sleeping at home. If you get a night out fine. But why would you MOAN about NOT getting one? :question: :question:

you now driving the pink bus back from banbury then mate ?

Saaamon:

toby1234abc:

Its not that hard to knock up a half decent meal in a lorry, i’ve got steak and chips tonight, probably have an bacon omelette tomorrow… No need to live on crap from lidl, soon make you ill.

Bacon egg and beans in the microwave for breakfast,long gone are my days of super noodles in the pan.

Truckulent:
But there is no way I would choose acting as a security guard on £1.82/hour, in preference to sleeping at home. If you get a night out fine. But why would you MOAN about NOT getting one? :question: :question:

If thats how you see living in a lorry thats fine but not everyone shares your view… For me staying out all week works out much better, use to be constantly shattered during the week, 15hrs plus what you’d do off the card when back in the yard, then the drive home from work.

Getting paid to sleep,i really can’t see a problem with that!

I don’t get this whole security guard thing, if a ■■■■■ tries to knick my diesel I’m not going to put up a fight for it, if someone wants to knick the load I’m not going to fight fight for that either. Its not my diesel and its not my load.

NewLad:
I don’t get this whole security guard thing, if a ■■■■■ tries to knick my diesel I’m not going to put up a fight for it, if someone wants to knick the load I’m not going to fight fight for that either. Its not my diesel and its not my load.

If you don’t think you’re there as a token guard, try suggesting to your boss you leave the wagon, perhaps loaded up and dieseled up and sleep in a Travel Lodge instead…they’re cheap enough with all that night out money the gaffers pay…

I bet a fiver he/she wouldn’t be very happy about the idea… :laughing:

Truckulent:

NewLad:

If you don’t think you’re there as a token guard, try suggesting to your boss you leave the wagon, perhaps loaded up and dieseled up and sleep in a Travel Lodge instead…they’re cheap enough with all that night out money the gaffers pay…

I bet a fiver he/she wouldn’t be very happy about the idea… :laughing:

'A Rest is an uninterrupted period where a driver may freely dispose of his time… ’

If the OP hasn’t been given specific instructions where to park. He would be free to spend the night at a Travel Lodge as long as the vehicle was parked safely without causing an obstruction.

There wouldn’t be a whole lot the Boss could do about it, I park as safely and securely as I can and that’s as far as my responsibilities go until my duties resume the following day. I have never been called upon to be the overnight security guard for my vehicle.

W