First knock in my truck

these are my first 4 days out driving since passing my class 2 test in January, went to a tight place today, but probably would be tight for someone who is experienced, and clipped the owners car, only a little scrape, but made a scene to the company I worked for, got home and its really shateered my confidence just as I was building it up driving on my own

owner should know not to park where trucks gotta go.

Pick urself up dust ur self down and get on with it.

It wont be the last time but next time odds on his car wont be there and if it is tell him to shift it.

Whereabouts was that?

cheers for that nick, just annoying isn’t it, and its some kennels I had to deliver in chester

Well if it makes you feel better, and the reason I asked…
We had a class 2 into work on tuesday. Driver was ex forces and had delivered tanks while inside. So we were told…
Manages to write off the back end of a car as the back end swung around when he pulled away from a spot he had just reversed into.

It’s not just us newbies that can have accidents. The experienced hands can have a lapse in judgement too.

that’s true, iwouldnt mind it was only a little scrape, but he went on to work like id just wrote his car off, like I said if it was and experienced driver, they probably wouldn’t of thought this place was tight

This driver DID write the car off.
And it’s not tight. He just wasn’t looking what he was doing.

ah right, that’s abit different then, when your not looking what your doing

Tail swing.
Had it drummed into me on my C training. And something I naturally look out for having caught a couple of things with my car trailer :blush:

Batesy2014:
these are my first 4 days out driving since passing my class 2 test in January, went to a tight place today, but probably would be tight for someone who is experienced, and clipped the owners car, only a little scrape, but made a scene to the company I worked for, got home and its really shateered my confidence just as I was building it up driving on my own

Unfortunate, but these things can happen (to anyone).
Put it behind you, at least you won’t make the same mistake again.
Forget it or you will end up with more damage to your self-confidence than there was to the car.

We all had our bumps just chalk it down to experiance now hurry up and take your time

As Nick say pick yourself up dust down into work tomorrow & get on with it

Yep you will feel crap but that is life hope fully you will learn from it

Not long ago 1 of our drivers damaged a door reversing back he has only been doing the job 40 years another has written a vehicle off as he forgot to check the oil & ran with non again experienced but didnt know how to raise the bonnet on a MAN & he had being driving them for 30 years so happens to a lot

As you say not a lot of damage done offer to T-cut it out for him see what he says then :laughing: :laughing:

Dont dwell on it, pal. Passed my class 2 early Nov last year and no misfortunes as yet. However........... clipped a roof corner on a 7.5 tonner a few weeks back, and Ive been driving `em on and off (accident-free) for over 30yrs! S**t happens. Simples. The guy who over-exaggerated your own mishap could do with a few real problems thrown at him to sort his head out and get some perspective. :wink:

Not to worry mate.I have had lots of minor mishaps.
Reversed in to a safety barrier by an office.
Took a trailer door off as it came lose while coming off a bay.
Dropped a half loaded trailer in a yard.
The legs sank and the trailer looked like the Titanic.
Made to hand ball off the ceramic tiles.
Hit a trailer roof from trees.
It happens.Good days then bad days.
Try and forget it.

Can happen to anyone,wont mention names but in the early 80s one young driver was desparate to get a start at a company i worked for. They took him on and even before he went on the road it happened. Two brand new units arrived on trunk and he was told to take them off the trailer using the ramp, he took one off and then drove the other one into it. How do you think he felt,he kept his job and dont remember any more scrapes.