First job Tonight

Well you could go back to basic & pretend you are a kid again & acquire a toy lorry & trailer then practice on the floor with it ( set up a reverse pad keep changing it for all eventualities )

Oh I love it animal. I’ve got a 12 year old son. I’ll get him a toy truck. :smiley:

This is one job that experience is worth a lot more than your licence you’ve acquired. :slight_smile: .

animal:
Well you could go back to basic & pretend you are a kid again & acquire a toy lorry & trailer then practice on the floor with it ( set up a reverse pad keep changing it for all eventualities )

thats how i practiced my reverse for my test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Gavtheskav:
Oh I love it animal. I’ve got a 12 year old son. I’ll get him a toy truck. :smiley:

Im a bit older than that but still got myself 1 ( but never ask a lady her age :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

Are you worried about some off the tight tescos clifton? I am. :confused:

Reversing is the easy bit…

But setting up is definitely not. It is the secret to getting in well and efficiently and you just need to practise, practise, practise, practise…

Great you’ve got the chance to - enjoy and good luck…keep us informed of progress

Gavtheskav:
Are you worried about some off the tight tescos clifton? I am. :confused:

im runnin out of trafford park so its mainly R D C il b goin to but they said there is a chance i might b asked to do a tesco now n again im not that worried as i have delivered to most of em when delivering to the cafe as it goes into same yard plus on them tesco u get a map n shown were to spin it round etc or so i have been told :smiley:

What? Map of the layout? Excellent.

from what i been told yea pal :smiley:

Well that makes me feel better.

congratulations gav on getting the stobart position i am still on the bin lorries long story but have updated my post on here telling all the news on my last few weeks if you wish to kill 2 minutes :laughing: :laughing:

john

Thanks John

friday night i had to reject a truck because there was no fuel cap on the truck!

good thing for daily checks eh? also both side curtains were not clamped, i know thats nothing major but lazy eh?

my first truck

flickr.com/photos/22612844@N06/5874512489/

and another
flickr.com/photos/22612844@N06/5874493953/

this one is auto the others are strait 6 boxes
flickr.com/photos/22612844@N06/5875056684/

Well. Everything seems to be zooming along now. Stobarts rang. Want me to come in for my 2 day induction Thursday morning. And my shifts are sun-thur 1500 starts

Atleast you knew what wag n drag was I just had to google it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope everything is coming along for you and keep up the good work :wink:

Gavtheskav:
Well that makes me feel better.

if u worried about anything there will always b someone to help u a mate of mine runs out of the widness depot n he loves it another tip il give u is get to know the lads / lasses n get as many numbers as u can if ur ever stuck ul always have someone to ring for directions advice etc thats what i did when i started the job i do at the mo came in very handy when deliverin to city centre shops when goods go round back u never c front of shop n u get no info on paperwork :smiley: this time next week i start at stobarts cant wait

Well. Just done my first week in stobarts delivering to tescos. My first 2 nights I was out with another driver to show me the ropes.

My first drop was failsworth, manchester, loved the driving, had to do spin round in the yard to back up on the bay. If I was by myself I would Definatley of cocked it up! But the other driver showed me how it’s done.

The second job was to Bolton in a double decker! Yikes it was massive. Same again he showed me how to do a turn round in a yard. Use all! The space available.

The next day I was with another driver on the run down to Bangor. What a run it is too. Sun was shining too. There was 3 drops, abergelle, landudno, and Bangor. All tight. Not sure what I will be like on my own with them.

Next day I’m by myself. And I was dead nervous. But the 2 jobs I had both had big yards so it was cool.
Then the second day by myself came. First job no probs. Second one was to tescos glossop. Omg on the risk assessments the want you to blind side of the road down a slop at an angle of around 30 degrees (10 to 10 on a clock if you know what I mean :slight_smile: ). Check it out on google maps. No way was I doing that! I know I wasn’t meant to but staff said most drivers go down the bottom and turn around in the private road. Still took me about half hour to do the manoeuvre though.

And last night was ok to. Had to do a right reverse in to a yard at 45 degrees and down a slope. Was made up as I done it in one :laughing: had a walk round first though to check the place out.

So all is going well, just the hours are a pain, the night with the glossop one I started at 1500 and finished at 05:30.
But hay, the way I look at it I’m getting paid for experience, as not a lot of places take on newbies.

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself

Good luck hope it keeps up for you