First Job

Got my first shift tomorrow, through DriverHire at Crewe.

4AM start, working from CVL (Bargain Booze). Being sent out with a experienced driver on my first day to check me over but then its the rest of the week with a Drivers Mate.

Looking forward to it, but also a bit apprehensive!

Any first day tips?

Rob

Well done.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

Take it easy out there. Remember its not a race :smiley:

Are you the fella that is 19? Well done on your first start. :slight_smile:

Yes Sam! Finally someone has given me a chance!

robertsherry:

That’s excellent mate, great news. Is it Class 1 or 2?

Our DriverHire told me that none of their branches take on drivers unless their 21 or 23 or something like that… what ■■■■■■■■ that was clearly. :imp:

Sam,

2 of my local DriverHire’s have taken me on so that clearly was wrong!

Class 2 work

robertsherry:
Sam,

2 of my local DriverHire’s have taken me on so that clearly was wrong!

Class 2 work

I’m definitely going to query that though as obviously she was talking ■■■■■■

So you’ll be a couple of hours into your shift now, hope you’re finding it okay.

Nice one mate, did u even sleep last night!?
Let u’s know how it goes. I joined Liverpool driver hire last week, waiting for that first call to come in. How long did u wait?

All the best Rob with your first run today, looking forward to hear how ya got on :smiley: :smiley:

Sam Millar:

robertsherry:

That’s excellent mate, great news. Is it Class 1 or 2?

Our DriverHire told me that none of their branches take on drivers unless their 21 or 23 or something like that… what [zb] that was clearly. :imp:

Driver Hire Branches are franchises and therefore it is up to each individual manager what their recruitment policy is :-/

How did it go Rob?

Hi Guys!

Sorry I haven’t posted. Was knackered last night, did half a day driving yesterday with one of the other drivers to sort of have a ‘checkride’ everyone was happy at the end of the day so was back there again today!

Days were hard work but good fun, lots of handball but knew that already! Great fun to be back behind the wheel of big trucks again!

Look forward to the next job!

Rob