Finished before i started

Got the eye test and medical booked for next week the medical part im not too worried about but bit worried about eyesight test as i passed with motorcycle test 5 yrs ago and eyesight was fine for that but with glasses and a far stringent truck test im going to be bitterly dissapointed if i fail that as truck drivings all ive ever wanted to do …

Eye am sure you will be fine. You sound like a good pupil.

eagerbeaver:

Haha nice one

eagerbeaver:

PMSL :laughing:

As long as you can read ok with glasses on you should be fine, you only need to read the top line without glasses on.

des-c:
As long as you can read ok with glasses on you should be fine, you only need to read the top line without glasses on.

Where did you get that one from? I wear glasses and without them can’t see the door the charts on let alone any top line !

Unless it my wage, can see that disappear quick enough [emoji4]

des-c:

eagerbeaver:

PMSL :laughing:

I hope this is correct eagerbeaver

Thought a top line was a scania.

dcgpx:

des-c:

Where did you get that one from? I wear glasses and without them can’t see the door the charts on let alone any top line !

Unless it my wage, can see that disappear quick enough [emoji4]

Turns out they have changed it doesn’t matter if you wear glasses or not now, just read the 7.5 line with one eye and the top line with the other. strange thing is they still want you to remove glasses to read the top line but it doesn’t matter if you can read it or not. strange :confused:

I know what you mean about the wages m8 :laughing:

You will need an up to date optician’s prescription to send with the medical. Best to take it with you to the medical as the doctor can then take the details from it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
You will need an up to date optician’s prescription to send with the medical. Best to take it with you to the medical as the doctor can then take the details from it.

Thanks Pete will let the optician take care of that part of the form

des-c:
Turns out they have changed it doesn’t matter if you wear glasses or not now, just read the 7.5 line with one eye and the top line with the other. strange thing is they still want you to remove glasses to read the top line but it doesn’t matter if you can read it or not. strange :confused:

I know what you mean about the wages m8 :laughing:

Well that’s my LGV career over then next time medical due as when I get my eyes tested I seriously can’t read any chart!

And my licence does say 101 ie needs corrective eyesight.

Can I have a sponsor for laser surgery please [emoji12]

Well that’s my LGV career over then next time medical due as when I get my eyes tested I seriously can’t read any chart!

And my licence does say 101 ie needs corrective eyesight.

Can I have a sponsor for laser surgery please [emoji12]
[/quote]
As long as you can read it with glasses on you should be fine m8, 6/7.5 in better eye, 6/60 in other eye, provided you’re glasses are not more than +8 prescription and you have a normal field of vision.

Misread what you put, thought you meant without glasses!

See blind already haha! Not quite at +8!!

dcgpx:
Misread what you put, thought you meant without glasses!

See blind already haha! Not quite at +8!!

LOL :smiley:

Just tell them you drive a Volvo eye-shift :wink:

They aren’t a ‘patch’ on a scania…

eagerbeaver:
They aren’t a ‘patch’ on a scania…

You’ve not driven mine then !!

warren63:

Peter Smythe:

Thanks Pete will let the optician take care of that part of the form

That’s your best bet warren. I got an eye test n took their prescription etc with me for an OAP licence medical.
My doc sent me back to the opticians, where I got yet another bill (a £10er I think) for them to complete the eyesight test section. They might have done another test as well.

warren63:
Got the eye test and medical booked for next week the medical part im not too worried about but bit worried about eyesight test as i passed with motorcycle test 5 yrs ago and eyesight was fine for that but with glasses and a far stringent truck test im going to be bitterly dissapointed if i fail that as truck drivings all ive ever wanted to do …

Good news people my eye sight is fine and have had medical signed off so now the roller coaster ride which is hgv training can begin … cant wait !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: