Finally it's all coming together!

Hi All,

I thought I would drop another line on here as I like to keep upto date with whats on here but rarely have the opportunity to post myself.

I passed my Class 2 test on 29/05 (second attempt, although I wasn’t best pleased for the reason why I failed the 1st but hey ho, that’s life!!) and embarked on the road to finding employment.

Funnily enough a lot of employers I went to said that having no experience wouldn’t be a problem but I somewhat don’t believe them, especially as only 1 had the decency to actually let me know that I was unsuccessful!

I tried a speculative application to a haulage firm and it would appear that it would be along the same lines as what Owners Drivers posted on the “Hope for New drivers” thread. Had a chat with the father and son directors , went out for an assessment drive with the father, was sent out to the yard whilst the insurance bods were called and they had another chat, was called back and given the thumbs up. Have been offered a good wage (better than my civil service wage, which surprisingly isn’t hard, notice handed in straight away :smiley: ) and told I can start when I come back off my hols.

Can’t wait to start the learning process and I’m sure I’ll be around looking for advice etc. First day on the 21st so I’ll post a progress report me thinks!

looks like you’re sorted - well done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s great to hear Dangerous. Good luck. Keep smiling and enjoy your holiday :laughing: