new driver

oreet, just thought i’d post and say hello.

i’m a new class 2 driver, having qualified in october 2011. i found a job pretty quickly (3 days) after getting stuck into the yellow pages and driving round all the firms in my area (i’m a firm believer in making yr own luck).

i’m doing multidrop fridge work in a 6 leg Daf and although there’s a bit of handball and graft, i’m enjoying it. i was in the merch for 15 yrs and then had a stab in the fire protection industry (wrong on so many levels, but that’s another story).

i’m looking to get started with with class 1 training sooner rather than later, but i thought i’d have a crack at the job before spending out and realising that it was not for me.

i learnt with a really good training outfit (north lancs training accrigton) and i’ll go back there for class 1 for sure.

anyways, i’ll stop waffling… for now. all the best.

Well done on the pass and then getting out there and knocking doors.

There will be plenty on here who say its the wrong time to come into driving. But you are proof that there is hope for the newbies.

Good luck.

welcome to the forum, I also passed my ‘C’ in Oct 2011 but I’ve had to tie some ends up in France. In Feb I’ll be knocking on doors as a new starter so it was great to see your positive post on here.

Rich

dar1976:
Well done on the pass and then getting out there and knocking doors.

There will be plenty on here who say its the wrong time to come into driving. But you are proof that there is hope for the newbies.

Good luck.

cheers gents…

a little story for anyone looking for a start… i went into the transport office of a a certain north west based haulier whose MD was good enough to give me ten minutes of his time. he said that although he couldn’t offer me anything he was impressed that i had bothered to go into the office and introduce myself. he said that he didn’t have time to go through loads of speculative cv’s he was getting.

seek and ye shall find… of that i’m sure rich.

Hi WDF76,

i also go my class 2 in october and then done class 1 in november, i was really impressed with my driving school (big wheelers South Wales) so took my business back to them.

i have just written a post myself about getting my first full time class 1 job, sent out loads of emails and was asked to come in for an interview and assesment drive. agency work was dead for me after xmas but been lucky with the job offer only been there 3 days now but all good :slight_smile:

i was never that interested in class one when i got my class 2 licence but after having an assesment drive with big wheelers i was hooked, would never want to drive anything else now!

Good luck for the future, def worth going for class 1!

john_jig:
i was never that interested in class one when i got my class 2 licence but after having an assesment drive with big wheelers i was hooked, would never want to drive anything else now!

At least you have the option of both now and you may find that CE work goes dead and you will be able to revert to C work for a while. I understand your sentiment re: not wanting to go backwards but at least you have the option

Hi there wdf76 and welcome onto the forum,

It’s great to see posts from people who get out there, help themselves and get positive results. It gives everybody a good ‘shot in the arm’ which we all need from time to time. So, fair play to you there my friend! :sunglasses:

Anyway, may I wish you all the very best with your C+E and please keep us all posted on here.

LJA:

It’s great to see posts from people who get out there, help themselves and get positive results. It gives everybody a good ‘shot in the arm’ which we all need from time to time. So, fair play to you there my friend! :sunglasses:

Anyway, may I wish you all the very best with your C+E and please keep us all posted on here.

Cheers pal :smiley:

wdf76:

LJA:

Cheers pal :smiley:

Hey wdf76

Congrats on the Pass from October and getting a job in a short space of time. :smiley:

Gives us N00BIES hope at this time of year, to hear of success stories. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m hoping to have an interview when I get back from my Germany trip, thats if all goes well :smiley:

Gareth

hey gareth… you will… get a job and that’s all you need to know. :slight_smile:

wdf76:
hey gareth… you will… get a job and that’s all you need to know. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate :smiley:

Really cant wait to get started

Gazza7682:
I’m hoping to have an interview when I get back from my Germany trip, thats if all goes well :smiley:

Hi there Gazza7682!

All the very best with your interview mate.

As wdf76 has already proved, if you actually be proactive instead of expecting jobs to come to you, then you can get one. It’s only a matter of time. All the best! :sunglasses: