A word of encouragement for all fellow newbies!

Hi all, i am new to this forum but have been reading various posts over the last few weeks. I like a lot of you am a ‘newbie’ driver, (passed class 2 oct 08 and class 1 nov 08, both first time :smiley: ) and have been really struggling to find any work. But finally on saturday my perseverance paid off and i was offered a days work driving a class 2 by one of the many agencies i am registered with, which incidently was ‘Driver Hire’ in Taunton Somerset, and i have to say that John the guy who runs it has been great, a really nice guy who has genuinely been trying to find me work (unlike some of the others). I finally feel like i have got my foot in the door now and things can only get better. Driving the class 2 was great :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: and i really enjoyed it, i think i’d prefer to do a bit more class 2 work and gain a bit of experience before jumping in the class 1’s, however, if i’m offered some class 1 work i wont be turning it down even though i would be absolutely sh**ing myself :open_mouth: . At the moment i’ll drive anything just to get some experience!
So to all you other newbies out there, dont give up, just register with as many agencies as you can and tell them you’ll drive anything or even go along as a drivers mate, go round to the haulage firms direct and tell them the same, and just keep on to them and show them how keen you are. Sooner or later someone will give you a break!!! :smiley: :smiley: . And to all you newbies in somerset i would highly recommend Driver Hire in Taunton, as i have said John there is really nice and if he knows how keen you are he’ll genuinely try and help you out.
Good luck to you all. Nick :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Beef :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…

Well done on both your passes and it’s nice to have some good news :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations on your C and C+E, Beef (Nick)! :smiley:

It is very, very tough out there at the moment - I’m struggling too, but well done for not giving up!

Congratulations Beef on your first agency drive!!!

I would recommend that you let the other agencies that you have registered with know that you have been used by another agency & keep them updated with further experience. This will help them to begin overcoming their fear of putting you as new pass, out with one of their clients when they are able. This fear is the biggest barrier any new pass has (in my opinion).

I don’t know if you have already read a reply I gave to a discouraged members post, but if you have not, it may be of interest to you! It’s regarding my experiences of agency work as a new Class 2 pass.

Again well done on your perseverance.

Hi Beef,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your tests :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Isn’t it a great feeling to get that first run under your belt? :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi Beef,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your tests :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Isn’t it a great feeling to get that first run under your belt? :smiley:

Hi “dieseldave” :exclamation: , thanks and yeah it is a great feeling, i thouroughly enjoyed it, cant wait to get back out there. Bit dissapointed at the moment though :frowning: as i thought the easter break would definately have brought some work my way :confused: :confused: but as yet, nothing :exclamation: Still a few more days to go though so anything can happen :slight_smile: and hopefully it will :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Beef:
Hi “dieseldave” :exclamation: , thanks and yeah it is a great feeling, i thouroughly enjoyed it, cant wait to get back out there. Bit dissapointed at the moment though :frowning: as i thought the easter break would definately have brought some work my way :confused: :confused: but as yet, nothing :exclamation: Still a few more days to go though so anything can happen :slight_smile: and hopefully it will :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Beef, That’s the spirit mate. :smiley:

From my experience, there’s plenty of guys who put their names forward for Bank Holiday work, then mysteriously ‘disappear.’ :grimacing:

This Easter might still turn a profit for you yet, but perhaps more importantly, you might be remembered as the guy who got somebody out of the doo-doo at short notice.

Keep your mobile charged-up and let’s hope you get that call. :wink: