ferries

Came back on the Caen/Portsmouth boat Friday night one of the first to board thought great be away sharp in the morning. no chance put on the platform and lowered down to the dungeon with 4 other trucks so one of the last off then 40 Min’s queuing to get out of the port. also had to pay £30 for a single cabin rip off, but at least the company will pay for that. what is it with these people in this day and age they expect you to share with some hairy arse stranger.

As I drive a road train they never put us in the dungion, but on the down side we are nearly always one of the last to get loaded, but first off, so while you will get a 9 hour break we don’t.
The other thing, being as I do removals there is nearly always two of us so I know who I am sharing with

i can’t see a problem with sharing a cabin. when you are asleep it makes no difference.

The problem is in trying to get to sleep when there is some great big fat knacker snoring and ■■■■■■■ away less than three feet away from you. I too do not see that a single cabin would be too much to ask for, especially at this time of year when the crossings are virtually empty.

I’ve only had to share a cabin once on any Stena crossing in the last year, due to a load of Dutch squaddies being on the boat for some reason.

Even the Nobilia Möbelkutscher who are always double manned get separate cabins.

As Harry says, some ferries are virtually empty and have been for quite a while, so cabin space is not a problem.

I did have to share a cabin with one of Eddie’s finest a couple of years ago. It wasn’t the snoring or the ■■■■■■■ that was the problem, but the verbal diarrhoea that he kept spouting :unamused:

Inselaffe:
I’ve only had to share a cabin once on any Stena crossing in the last year, due to a load of Dutch squaddies being on the boat for some reason.

Even the Nobilia Möbelkutscher who are always double manned get separate cabins.

The same applies to P&O Portsmouth to Bilbao, we are double manned and get a cabin each,
It’s a shame it is coming to an end and Brittany Ferries will be the only operators to Spain.

limeyphil:
i can’t see a problem with sharing a cabin. when you are asleep it makes no difference.

But the other person might not be asleep :wink: :wink: :wink:

I will be up front and say I try to get a cabin on my own as
I snore loud enough to disturb any one and it is not right
to stop some one else from sleeping when they have been
looking forward to a goodnight s sleep , even got a separate
cabin on Finnlines, when doing Helsinki, saves causeing
trouble between drivers,