Brittany Ferries

Hi Guys and Gals,
I’m due to sail on the Portsmouth ferry across to Caen on Sunday night on a job. I haven’t been with Brittany ferries before, only P&O and Stena.
What can i expect? Do i have a cabin? En suite shower facilities? TV in the cabin or TV room somewhere on board? Is there free wifi on board for me to email etc on my laptop whilst on board? Power socket for my charger and phone charger?

I really don’t know anything about Brittany ferries and I like to go prepared.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Matty.

Prepare to share a room with some sweaty snoring sandle wearing wallet on a chain ■■■■■■. Thats if they are not on strike.

You will 99% of the time share. You will get en suite shower. Your cabin key gets you your dinner with 50% discount. It ain’t free! There you go. :sunglasses:

If its the 2300ish sailing it will be the Mont st Michel ,You get a shared cabin 2 sharing, but if full it can be 4 to a cabin ,cabins are clean with toilet/shower, aircon,no tv,euro 2 pin socket (tvs in the drivers cabins only on the Bretagne to St Malo)but you can upgrade at reception to a single cabin for £30, if one is available
Wifi is available,the numbers on your door key, but its very slow. :frowning:
Foods ok but the menu never changes i find the crew pleasant but i know them as i travel twice a week on this route.
Also a power socket or two nears the drivers lounge, be quick before someone else gets to one.
Free tea/coffee/1 bottle of water at bar and restaurant.
Give us feedback after your trip jetski.
Klunk

They put drivers of the same nationality in the same cabin.Funny that.If they asked the tourists to share a cabin with a total stranger there would be a mid channel mutiny and on the TV news the next day.
But drivers have to share a cabin with a mass murderer or pick pocket.Pay the most for the crossing but treated like a leper.

bigvern1:
You will 99% of the time share. You will get en suite shower. Your cabin key gets you your dinner with 50% discount. It ain’t free! There you go. :sunglasses:

They will put you with an english driver, you will be able the charge your stuff in the cabin but will need a european adapters which will be avaliable in the shop on board.

Your cabin key is a card and gets you free coffee but thats it.

Ive always caught the late boat and its a case of a pint maybe then bed.

As you will be sharing a cabin soon as you get on board go to your cabin dump your bag and get a shower.

Ear plugs are a must.

Late boat, couple of pints and cheapo meal in the pub left of the dock gate,on the boat, cabin goodnight mon ami zzzzzzzzzzz

440Mopar:
Late boat, couple of pints and cheapo meal in the pub left of the dock gate,on the boat, cabin goodnight mon ami zzzzzzzzzzz

Yes ive seen drivers coming out then straight on the boat.

Or sleep in the cab on the deck.Split curtain pulled over so the loading crew do not see you.
Not safe if there was a fire or it was sinking but a good sleep.It is a risk.Some crew have seen me stay in the cab and not said anything.

50% off your dinner. FACT

it’s a nice boat, evening meals are good and very cheap but u must show ur cabin key, if the wifi is working the access code is printed on ur key card, cabins are ok but u will prob have to share, I came back over on Wednesday night and it was busy, 3 of us in the cabin but it was ok,

I have done the crossing before and had a cabin to myself but that’s just pure luck,

make sure u remember where the truck is parked… I get lost all the time, and if they put u down in the dungeon that’s a lot of fun!!

try this trick worked for me a few times go upstairs coughing and tell them you feel ill and its not fair to the other cabin user you being ill all night fair chance you will get a cabin on your own worked for me a few times

bloody hell on the p & o ferry, portsmouth to le havre the meals and drinks were free for truckers !! ( well back in 2002 anyway)

I find the best way on that boat. Get yer’ shower have your meal. Then find a quiet couch somewhere on the boat. More rest guaranteed. :sunglasses:

Tou have not seen the wild herds of little elephants running around the decks all night.
Or school kids on the rampage.Teachers let their hair down and allow them to vent off steam so the kids will be tired on the coach trip the next day.
BF used to be free meals.Waiter service.Good seafood.
Their freighters were a good laugh.Portacabin chained down on the deck for the married couples.
Steak blue or pan fried steak with blood in it on a force ten crossing.
The Duke of Normandy.Always felt sea sick on that ship.

hanson:
try this trick worked for me a few times go upstairs coughing and tell them you feel ill and its not fair to the other cabin user you being ill all night fair chance you will get a cabin on your own worked for me a few times

you could always say ur a trannie so would need to share like wise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

After a couple of bad experiences sharing on this I’ve refused last 2 times to get it and after a few arguments office have booked me on the morning crossing as i said if i get no sleep again I’ll pull off boat straight to bed and wake when i wake up take your choice

nedbro:
After a couple of bad experiences sharing on this I’ve refused last 2 times to get it and after a few arguments office have booked me on the morning crossing as i said if i get no sleep again I’ll pull off boat straight to bed and wake when i wake up take your choice

I refused the brittany work in the end as well due to sharing.

I usually use the showers next to fret office in Caen very clean and plenty of room, I find them a lot better than the cabin one. I have had to find a couch in the bars a couple of times when the snoring got unbearable. I ask for my steak well done hoping it will be medium but its always rare lol.