Brittany Ferries Latest Wheeze!

I am reliably informed by one of our other drivers that Brittany Ferries now see no problem in putting three and four drivers to a cabin on the Biscay crossing (this was on the boat which departed Portsmouth on Friday 2nd April).

Now on a short 6 hour crossing this is bad enough, but on a 24 hour crossing they are seriously taking the ■■■■ - how the hell are you supposed to get a decent break with two or three other blokes in a tiny cabin all snoring, ■■■■■■■ and if its rough probably one or two spewing as well?

The P&O Pride of Bilbao hasnt even gone out of service yet and it seems that Brittany already think they can start treating bread and butter customers like bloody cattle.

This is how Armas treat the bread and butter frieght too, crossing from Tenerife to lanzarote 10 hour crossing in an old tub! they told me you are sharing with 3 others!! the boat was empty they have manny cabins free but no way they put you in together and when you ask why you get the golden shrug of the shoulders. My boss now pays the extra for me to have a cabin so for me ok but the others its take it or leave it … makes my blood boil all the empty cabins and the drivers have to sleep 4 to a cabin :imp:

Yep, not on at all, they wouldn’t dream of doing it to anyone else. This is precisely the sort of thing that a trades union should be fighting, but they wouldn’t do anything like that so I wouldn’t join one.

Be more like the French!!..they all stick together, they wouldnt put up with it!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

I think it’s about time the ferry companies accepted that the “Herald of Free Enterprise” disaster was a unique event, and allowed us to sleep in our homes again, like we used to. I would certainly be prepared to take my chances.

You’d be suprised just how many do take their chances!

magners:
You’d be suprised just how many do take their chances!

I used the Sally Dartford to Vlissingen alot in the ninties and always went back down to my truck to sleep and always a good kip too :smiley: better than listenin to the dutch boys throw in up in the force 7 gales :unamused: on a flat bottomed Sally Frieghter never a problem then.