Faulty Digi Card

Tomorrow is my 15th day without my card after sending it away because it was faulty.My employer says that I cannot work and will not be paid.So if Ive done everything by the book eg sending it back the next day and the new card still hasnt arrived back to me whos is going to pay my lost wage■■? My employer says ask DVLA for not returning my card on time■■? WTF
Anybody else had this problem?
Cheers
Jacko

have you tried ringing them and finding out what is going on?

Mines well dodgy. Didn’t work on friday but worked yesterday. Does that mean I have only got 11 days to replace it as it has a known fault? The amount of old wives tales I’ve been told to get it working again…

i leave mine in 24/7. never had a problem with it.

have you no holidays available to take?
send DVLA a bill for loss of earnings.
but you should contact DVLA by phone first. if you don’t have any joy, phone again as they have some very helpful people, but they also employ a few tossers. eventually you will speak to a decent one.

DVLA 08702400009

paulfromwire:
DVLA 08702400009

or DVLA 01792 782 341

I was under the impression they dont send a replacement card to your house, but you have to collect it from your local dvla office or test station, might be worth checking with them to see if its there ?

steadymabo:
I was under the impression they dont send a replacement card to your house, but you have to collect it from your local dvla office or test station, might be worth checking with them to see if its there ?[/

If the card was faulty it gets sent to your home address, if lost you have to collect it from your local DVLA office.

paulfromwire:

steadymabo:
I was under the impression they dont send a replacement card to your house, but you have to collect it from your local dvla office or test station, might be worth checking with them to see if its there ?[/

If the card was faulty it gets sent to your home address, if lost you have to collect it from your local DVLA office.

Oh right i knew there was something about collecting from dvla office, thanks for that. :wink:

steadymabo:
something about collecting from dvla office

Nearest VOSA test station

Do they not actually print them at some larger VOSA test stations? I think if you’re lucky you might be able to get one done quickly if you explain your circumstances.
Let us know how you get on mate.

Alex

Scarab:
Do they not actually print them at some larger VOSA test stations? I think if you’re lucky you might be able to get one done quickly if you explain your circumstances.
Let us know how you get on mate.

Alex

I am 99.99% certain that only DVLA can supply a new one but VOSA will check that it goes to the correct person by asking for certain ID when it is collected.

ROG:
I am 99.99% certain that only DVLA can supply a new one but VOSA will check that it goes to the correct person by asking for certain ID when it is collected.

Ok ROG, you are probably correct, just I was in a test station at some point last year and I remember seeing a pile of them on a desk next to what I thought was a printer, I assumed they were being printed, they may just have been there for checking or downloading whatever.

Alex

steadymabo:
I was under the impression they dont send a replacement card to your house, but you have to collect it from your local dvla office or test station, might be worth checking with them to see if its there ?

The sim part of mine fell out and was lost, I had to pay for a new card, it was sent to my home address. Maybe thats because there’s no ‘local’ DVLA office ot testing station? Anyway it only took 4 days to get a replacement (sent off Monday, back Thursday).

Tiger

Scarab:

ROG:

Ok ROG, you are probably correct, just I was in a test station at some point last year and I remember seeing a pile of them on a desk next to what I thought was a printer, I assumed they were being printed, they may just have been there for checking or downloading whatever.

Alex

the ones you saw IMO were workshop cards vosa tester will have to have one for the tacho check on mots

Mine went faulty week last Monday,sent for replacement next day.Recieved new one in post this Monday.

disgo:
Mine went faulty week last Monday,sent for replacement next day.Recieved new one in post this Monday.

Seems like they have changed the syatem for getting a replacement - at least for some…

jacko:
Tomorrow is my 15th day without my card after sending it away because it was faulty.My employer says that I cannot work and will not be paid.So if Ive done everything by the book eg sending it back the next day and the new card still hasnt arrived back to me whos is going to pay my lost wage■■? My employer says ask DVLA for not returning my card on time■■? WTF
Anybody else had this problem?
Cheers
Jacko

When you applied for replacement card you were given an exemption (reference) Number… Ring DVLA and ask whats happening…
They may have a problem with the printers. Then ask if you can still drive without the card as youll be soon out of the 15day period.

Theyhad this prob when i had to get mine changed and told me VOSA were awhere of the problem so I would be ok …
Get names and times of phone calls then just give your local Vosa office a ring, they will put you through to an inspector who will either say yes or no but above all get NAMES

The DVLA do have some bright sparks working there though for a change, my digi card went wappy and in the meantime i had moved house, so filled in the form for a replacment card, but also put in my new address as well. i honestly thought they would send me a new card with my old address on and then say i would have to send it in to get address changed, as new address you keep old card then swap it when you go into the lions den to collect it :exclamation:

but no it came back with my address changed. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

and from posting it 1st class to them and getting a new one back in the post it only took 3 days :exclamation: .

Still not card after many calls (nuff said)
But my employer has got me a motor from Hill Hire(analogue tacho) which I suppose I should be gratefull
as our entire fleet is digi tach…
Feel kind of special :sunglasses:
thank guys
Dave