DVLA really screwd me Faulty Digi Card

i had a faulty digi card and the DVLA told me to send it back to them and they will send me a new one within 5 days. it has now been 16 days and my temp reference number has run out and i now can not work

i have spent all morning on to the DVLA and there attitude was disgraceful. there attitude was it has taken them longer than normal and there isnt anything they can or will do. end as i explained i need to pay bills they really didn’t give a ■■■■.

so i phone VOSA ( I KNOW) and they was a little more sympathetic but no help. they said they are getting this a lot from the DVLA and really there inst anything they can do as it is the law and i can only drive the allowed days without my card and there can be no extension at all

so as from now i am sat at home not working my boss is ■■■■■■ off and so am i. the DVLA have still not even printed my card as from this morning.

one ■■■■■■ off driver

Make sure you claim any welfare benefit that you may be entitled to…ultimately DVLA is an arm of Government.

Another tactic, is to demand to be put through to the line manager of the person you are speaking to, and work your way up through the food chain until you get to someone in authority.

Explain the situation to them, without being rude, and ask them what they intend to do to put it right. If they can’t, inform them that you will invoice them for your loss of earnings at the rate of £200 a day unless the card is couriered to your door at their expense within 24 hours.

I’d also pen a letter of complaint to my MP, but that’s just me.

you can work as long as you get your authorisation number updated ad request an email from vosa stating that they are know of the problem their end … I had this when they had a problem with their printers

I would just carry on working, sod em!

they are a set of ■■■■■! :imp: just read my post on the ■■■■■■■■■

same thing happened to me told them card faulty (no cost as its faulty) so I sent it back it got lost in the post according to them now card has become lost it will cost me £20 thou should of sent it recorded delivery according to them,so paid for one over the phone then they tell me card wont reach me for 8 to 10 days I ask why they said we send it second class and it wont be recorded funny that one they expected me to send it recorded but they wont about 4 weeks to sort out in total,and then three weeks after that got a letter saying they had received my orginal card total utter zb.
did I stop work no couldn’t have cared less there fault did printouts and carried on