Fancy a Right GOOD LAUGH?

This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Best connection who are operating as an employment agency. This Preston based client is looking for Class 1 night drivers for trunking work. Deliveries are nationwide and commitment and flexibility is rewarded. Call now for further details. .

So I rang up and asked and was told well you’ll be working…laughed me ■■■■■■■ ■■■ off

It would help if we knew what you are laughing
about :question: :question:

Mad dan:
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Best connection who are operating as an employment agency. This Preston based client is looking for Class 1 night drivers for trunking work. Deliveries are nationwide and commitment and flexibility is rewarded. Call now for further details. .

So I rang up and asked and was told well you’ll be working…laughed me [zb] ■■■ off

I assume you mean the agency said that commitment and flexibility would be rewarded by keeping you working :question:

Given the current work situation there’s plenty of drivers who would now be grateful for that reward :wink:

I laughed because they said “flexibility is rewarded” then in the next breath when asked about hours he said some weeks there are 2 shifts others there May be more, I fail to see how 2 shifts a week is rewarding, I feel 3 or 4 shifts a week is rewarding but 1 or 2 is not rewarding unless they are paying the rates we should get.

Class one work is demanding and I have paid a lot for my licence and would not put my licence at risk for these Joeys, if I lose my licence I will be in a worse position than I am in right now thus fail to see how this is rewarding?

It is just jumping ships from one bad ship to another, better the ship I know than the new one I mean is the grass greener??

Mad dan:
I laughed because they said “flexibility is rewarded” then in the next breath when asked about hours he said some weeks there are 2 shifts others there May be more, I fail to see how 2 shifts a week is rewarding, I feel 3 or 4 shifts a week is rewarding but 1 or 2 is not rewarding unless they are paying the rates we should get.

Class one work is demanding and I have paid a lot for my licence and would not put my licence at risk for these Joeys, if I lose my licence I will be in a worse position than I am in right now thus fail to see how this is rewarding?

It is just jumping ships from one bad ship to another, better the ship I know than the new one I mean is the grass greener??

how ya gonna lose your licence by working 2 days a week■■?

scaniaman:

Mad dan:

how ya gonna lose your licence by working 2 days a week■■?

And by hanging the job out to gain max hours, max cash■■?