Do you want a laugh?

The company that I work for are advertising for drivers and here is the fantastic package that they are offering.
£6.66 ph class 2
£6.82 ph class1
15 days holiday ( I thought this was ilegal ?)
ot paid at time and a third !!!
And where is this fantastic job you might ask ? Well for those of you who frequent the stockyard truckstop, its the big building on your right with the huge banner on the fence saying drivers required :open_mouth: They have had loads of enquirys but not many seemed interested once they found out the great package on offer. They are setting new drivers on, on a different contract (pay etc) to the one that myself and the other drivers are on. Thing is someone will take it. In time, I am quite sure that they will be out to shaft the lot of us as they have a crap reputation and dont deserve any decent staff anyway ! They can’t keep staff and I cant say that I am the least bit suprised :angry:

WTD says 20 days.hols minimum.

I’m sure they will get the staff they deserve.

I thought that there was something about there being a minimum of 20 days holiday, thanks for that. The job used to be great and know its going down hill fast. The only reason that they get any contracts is because they do the job for peanuts, sound familiar ? and here was me thinking that this industry might get better ! I am already looking for another job as I actually think I am far too good to work for these muppets and intend to get out as soon as I find the right job :confused:

looks like another one of them firms that tells you "if you dont like it ,go , we have loads of applicants for your job " , like i always point out applicants arent drivers until they turn up for work which 90 % of em wont

The legal requirement for 20 days holiday can include Bank Holidays…so 15 days plus BHs is perfectly legal. :cry:

:frowning: ha ha you want to try wroking for freightliner in leeds where you get £6.09 phplus overtime starting at time 1+1/4 up to 1+ 1/2 plus a bonus that works out at 50p ph but the good catch is the more work you do ha ha ha THE LESS YOU GET they are restructureing the pay to £7.50 ph for 35 hrs but … this is another belter… overtime dosent start till youve worked 40 hrs!!! ■■? so is it £7.50 for 35 hrs or £7.50 for 40 hrs i wont go into overtime rates because il just get even more annoyed before you all say why do you work there il tell you 1 cos its the easist job you will ever have and 2 ive got other irons in the fire im looking into. :cry: :blush:

wow, theres a job out there that even seems worse then the muppet outfit that I am working for ! what is it anyway with some of these leeds based firms ? :imp:

daxi:
I’m sure they will get the staff they deserve.

Pay ;peanuts … get monkeys…!! :wink:

TIDYCAB:
Well for those of you who frequent the stockyard truckstop, its the big building on your right with the huge banner on the fence saying drivers required

oddly enough, I know which 1 your on about :wink:
the former TM of my employers warehouse, left us a year + ago and took over there, no wonder the terms and conditions are pants, (he also “negotiated” the deals at the 3 warehouses oposite tescos in doncaster ). strangley HE was behind the wheel of his own Co`s wagons night trunking at xmas coz they where short staffed :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
I know of at least 2 drivers who left the place opposite the stockyard and moved to us, also my mate works for the “other (blue liveried) firm” who pull out of that warehouse, and he slates the Co you mention TIDYCAB :smiley:

mmm, very interesting indeedy ! this managers initials wouldn’t be BY would they ? and I bet one of the drivers your talking of is a g. beharrel ! small world int it :laughing: they have just lost another 3 drivers at one of their other depots and with the way things are going they will be losing every driver that they have and rightly so. They are a complete muppet outfit and I hate working for them but hopefully not for much longer