Failed Cat C

As it says on the tin, I failed my Cat C

I got a serious because some plank pulled out of the round about and wanted to do a full circle to go back on himself. Well that’s ok, but not when you pull out in front of a car and then carry on and nearly hitting the side of the lorry. When i moved of the line it was clear and safe to go but this plank got me a fail.

On the plus side i got 4 minors. 2 of them were show me and tell me questions and the other were driving faults. I was also told even though i failed i did well with the driving and he felt very safe with me behind the wheel, i did ask if he was only saying that because he failed me but he made sure he went out of his way to tell me that.

I am not a bloke that gives up and i will attempt again, as Switchlogic quotes, ONWARD!!!

Sorry about the result MB roundabouts are sent by the devil on test days but seems you did well on rest of drive just polish up on tell me show me as you need to know them for your own sake not just test day I’m sure you will do it next time

Sorry to hear that. Good to see your not giving up, I’m sure you will nail it next time. :slight_smile:

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Retest just booked for the 31st. I am sticking with the same bloke as i have my trust in him to pass me as he is the top ■■■■■■■■

South Holland training i am with, a one man band

Look at it as a first attempt rather than a failure mate and better luck next time :grimacing:

Hi MB

Often happens at roundabouts when you least expect it. In fact you never really expect someone to use it as a turn round although we all do it occasionaly. The best way to prevent yourself getting caught out by this one is to time your approach just slightly slower so that you arrive at the final decision moment (do I go or stop) a fraction later. You want to be certain that every car on the roundabout to your right is not going to come round in front of you.

If this means taking a minor fault for undue hesitation then so be it. Take the minor every time rather than the serious fault.

You cant be happy getting 2 minors on the Show me Tell me. Treat this with respect and make sure you know every answer properly next time.

Apart from that it sounds like a very good steady drive so you should be fine next time.

keep the faith

Regards

John
Flair Training

He asked two questions that were not shown to me ie Where is the first aid kit?, i was like, don’t no. The other was. Please show me where you will know when the washer fluid level is? I was in a Volvo FM12 rigid ( ex morrisons unit made into a rigid ) again i didn’t no. All the other questions i was happy with

mickyblue:
He asked two questions that were not shown to me ie Where is the first aid kit?, i was like, don’t no. The other was. Please show me where you will know when the washer fluid level is? I was in a Volvo FM12 rigid ( ex morrisons unit made into a rigid ) again i didn’t no. All the other questions i was happy with

I’m afraid these Should have been shown to you and tested on by your instructor but too late now but you know for next time have a read through the questions on the tips for training sticky and see if your missing any then you will know you have them all covered next time matey

so sorry to hear you have failed but at least you will crack it on the 31st im sure

good luck

Jen x

Hi Mickeyblue,

Sorry to hear that you failed your test, i too failed first time and its not a nice experience but take out the positives from your test and not the negatives and im sure you will pass next time. Not my field, but im pretty sure that your instructor should have gone through all the show me tell me questions with you, i know mine did on numerous occasions… I have just failed my c + e on first attempt, made a balls up of the reverse due to nerves so know how you feel :frowning: :frowning: !! Waiting for another test date so hopefully pass next time, dont give up all good things come to those who wait :wink: :wink:

I wish they would take nerves into account and you would’ve passed

Hi MB. Sorry to learn of the setback - as said earlier, treat it as a first attempt and the feedback will only improve your next test. I had to ask my trainer for things like fire extinguisher and first aid kit and how to find the wiper washer stuff.

Will be cheering for you on the retest pal!! Stick with it!

Best wishes,

Lazlo