European Trucks ( Some Death traps) ITV 8PM

Its about time these Trucks are clamped down on … causing Death and chaos on our roads…!!!

As shown on ITV at 8 PM …

It seems the Police and VOSA are stopping these trucks … yet the shear volume of the freight traffic coming out of the likes of Dover etc its obvious many get through the Roadside stops/checks.

Plus the obvious thing is also we let these Death traps onto our Highways … with detriment to our already stuggling transport industry.
I have nothing against fair competition… But there is nothing fair about this issue… Same old argument … they run on cheap euro price Derv, in badly maintained trucks with drivers tired and many a danger to our roads as highlighted in the program with Quentin Wilson actually driving a real left ■■■■■■ to see the dangers and extra risks these froeign cowboys are taking AT OUR EXPENSE.All these left ■■■■■■ trucks should have to have a off side footwell camera and screen in cab :smiley: … as has and is being trialled i believe …Or they should not be be allowed to operate on our roads.

Im sure some of you will have your opinion on this topic i may have opened flood gates again for this Controversial Subject… :question:

All i ask is us UK companies gat a fair crack at the whip and Uk drivers are protected from un necessary Deaths and Injuries caused by side swiping by mainly FOREIGN REGISTERED TRUCKS ( im not saying we dont have any bad drivers on ENGLISH REGISTERED TRUCKS … but ours can be dealt with by way of penalising the driver through the courts )

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30364

JON LAD:
But there is nothing fair about this issue… Same old argument … they run on cheap euro price Derv,

that diesel is there for everyone to use not just the forigners i drive a british truck and in 2 years ive put 300 ltrs in my tanks in the uk you go into veurne, calais or luxembourg there full of uk lorries filling up so are stobarts etc unfair competition as they run on cheap euro diesel. this is yet another argument i keep hearing which just simply isnt true in my opinion

simple truth is we just dont manufacture anything in this country any more therefore we have to import everything in from abroad hence it comes on a foreign lorry

so whats new then what did program tell us that we didnot allready know,the government must want this to go on for some reason why do they allow free use of the roads this could be a nice little earner for them, somre more money to waste, how can a 45 hour break inside a truck in another country count as a break. forged hgv licence, i have heard adr certificate are allso being forged.they will go down with a bang hey all this is just the tip of ice berg they need go on about nvq ,s cpc and all the other stuff we aqre the only ones taking notice of it if i had my way left hookers should stop at port and a right hander take over and same when ours go abroad

fuse:
if i had my way left hookers should stop at port and a right hander take over and same when ours go abroad

That would make sence if it could work , but look at my lot ,Transmec,they are Italian,they have DC’s all over Europe and we have 3 in the UK , they have just spent £7 million at our place in Redditch, mostly all the drivers that are based here are Uk drivers, most of our wagons are LHD though alot of ther new ones are RHD but they do run over the water.

Were would that leave us ?

One thing i would say as we all learned to drive in a RHD wagon, i think we drive the hookers with a keener eye and in a safer fashion than most Euro driver’s that come over here.

we load out of transmec in barcalona never seen a italian in there every lorry seems to be driven by a romanian