Europe yes or no

When did the Spanish start nicking our fish? 1994■■? :sunglasses:

ironstipper:
Looks a close call on the vote. :laughing:

Stolen from tomwinnifrith.com/

This kinda sums up what we up against with the EU, and where your hard earned sweat, blood and wonga is going.

I think this says it all about the Evil Empire…

Pythagoras’ theorem — 24 words.
Lord’s Prayer — 66 words.
Archimedes’ Principle — 67 words.
10 Commandments — 179 words.
Gettysburg address — 286 words.
US Declaration of Independence — 1,300 words.
US Constitution with all 27 Amendments — 7,818 words.
EU regulations on the sale of cabbage — 26,911 words

ashleymote.co.uk/?p=3314

We have never signed up for a Political EU, only the free trade & movement agreement.
We should all be made aware of the facts, we will always have free trade & movement, but we can opt out of the political aspect if we so want.
There are so many subversive aspects to us being in the EU, that, that alone indicates that we should be out of it.
It would not harm trade or jobs in any way, these are just the rumours that emanate from the politicians who seek to prolong thier rides on the gravy train.
We have all been hoodwinked into a state, that the majority of us do not wish to be a part of :imp: :imp:

Carryfast:

Whirlwind:
If you want any chance to vote out then anything other than a conservative vote is wasted. . Ukip will get a couple of seats but not enough , clever of Cameron really .

There’s no way that the tories would ever go against the wishes of big business.Everything else is just bs just like when Thatcher pretended to be against it all having been part of the in campaign during the last referendum.It’s obvious that Cameron is just stalling and holding out a bs promise to damage the UKIP vote.There’s nothing stopping him calling a referendum now if he’s telling the truth and then declaring ourselves out right away depending on the result.Like all tories he’s just talking bs and you can bet that after the election he’d find some bs reason to to stay in and stop the referendum and/or support the in campaign even if he kept his promise.

[zb] I agree with carryfast :blush: well except for the Maggie bit.

Cameron said before the signing of the Lisbon treaty, he would give the UK a referendum on it. Well he has been in power for 2 1/2 years and has 2 1/2 years to run.

he can give the Scots a referendum in 3 meetings on leaving the UK, they can lob up a referndum on changing the political voting over a weekend drinking session with Clegg. He can create a police voting sham that nobody wanted.

Why does it need 4 sodding years, and only if he gets re-elected to give a referendum on something that hits everyone in the country whether working, retired, on the dole or even just born.

The bloke is no different to Blair or Brown, they might as well be in the same party. Its sound bite crap as his skiddies are stained by the uprising of voters leaving the Blue tie Labour party to UKIP.

A complete and utter liar, and should not be trusted in my humble one.

Whirlwind:
If you want any chance to vote out then anything other than a conservative vote is wasted. . Ukip will get a couple of seats but not enough , clever of Cameron really .

Hmmm…

Do you all believe that a vote will ACTUALLY be held, even if the Tories are re-elected? Because politicians never lie to get what they want do they? :grimacing:

Carryfast:

syramax:
as i understand it ,we will get a vote if tories are re-elected, will that happen■■?

The answer to that is to vote for UKIP.Simples. :bulb:

Logic still isn’t your strong point is it old man. UKIP takes votes from the Tories, which will allow Labour into power, thereby ending your dreams of a referendum. If you think Farage has a chance of being the next PM your even more stupid than I thought.

Carryfast:

limeyphil:

jessicas dad:

dessy:
We as drivers will still have to use EU regs in or out if going over there! At least if we are out we control who comes here! And all the negativity that occurs because of free movement! :stuck_out_tongue:

Why■■? Swiss dont have to follow eu rules.

That’s something that’s always puzzled me.
When we go outside of the EU, We have to use AETR regs, But what about the operators in those countries like Switzerland, Russia, Norway, Etc?
I believe the Russians only use tachos when crossing borders.

There’s nothing really stopping us going back to having no limiters,running on log books and running through Europe on the basis that the truck only needs to comply with the regulations which apply in it’s place of registration just as we did even after we’d joined the EEC up to the end of the 1970’s.It was only having been given an ultimatum to comply with the rules ‘or else’ ( probably meaning expulsion ) which changed that situation when we should have just taken the choice of or else in that case.

Well never having had the balls to get a job doing Europe this doesn’t really concern you does it Carry?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

syramax:
as i understand it ,we will get a vote if tories are re-elected, will that happen■■?

Logic still isn’t your strong point is it old man. UKIP takes votes from the Tories, which will allow Labour into power, thereby ending your dreams of a referendum. If you think Farage has a chance of being the next PM your even more stupid than I thought.

Not quite. If UKIP take votes from the conservatives, They will also take votes from Labour and the Lib dems. This wouldn’t put Farage in as prime minister, But he’d be in a barganing position to form a coalition with Labour or Conservative.

It is time to get out of the EU but we will never get a vote.

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

syramax:

Not quite. If UKIP take votes from the conservatives, They will also take votes from Labour and the Lib dems. This wouldn’t put Farage in as prime minister, But he’d be in a barganing position to form a coalition with Labour or Conservative.

Errrr, no, they won’t. Well not to the same degree. UKIP appeals to the Conservative right which is a large group, certainly not core Labour voters. The Conservatives have the most to lose from UKIP and if enough people vote for them you’ll end up with a majority Labour government, giving that daft ■■■ Farage no bargaining power whatsoever

switchlogic:
Just an interesting point, those of you saying you’d vote UKIP could end up stopping the very thing you want. Cameron has been clever, vote Conservative at the next election or you won’t get a referendum.

I think its just soundbite BS. All he is doing is putting Lasticband in a position where he has to either go against his parties policy’s or go with what the voters are demanding.

I notice around all sorts of forums, his interview on radio 4 the other day has not been mentioned. He clearly said early on in the interview if he gets into power in 2015, he will take us into the Euro.

Between the liblabcon party right now, the lib and lab are 2 cheeks of the same 'arris, and Cameron is the brown tea towel holder slap bang in the middle.

ironstipper:

switchlogic:
Just an interesting point, those of you saying you’d vote UKIP could end up stopping the very thing you want. Cameron has been clever, vote Conservative at the next election or you won’t get a referendum.

I think its just soundbite BS. All he is doing is putting Lasticband in a position where he has to either go against his parties policy’s or go with what the voters are demanding.

I notice around all sorts of forums, his interview on radio 4 the other day has not been mentioned. He clearly said early on in the interview if he gets into power in 2015, he will take us into the Euro.

Between the liblabcon party right now, the lib and lab are 2 cheeks of the same 'arris, and Cameron is the brown tea towel holder slap bang in the middle.

Can you provide a listen again link to that interview so I can listen? Cheers

We may get to vote. . . And like the irish if we get the answer wrong we will get to vote again :smiley::grin:

I voted out, but we’ll never get a vote and they know it.

The Germans are running Europe here, they couldn’t do it 70 years ago but are now doing it by the political system.

Our forefathers must be turning in their graves.

Ken.

In my opinion it’s far to early to decide how you’ll vote. Both the UK and the EU could be very different places in 5 years so I’m most certainly undecided.

switchlogic:

ironstipper:

switchlogic:

I cant provide a link, as to be honest, i’m not clued up enough on this internetty stuff. But I’m pretty sure it was the morning market and news stuff on Friday or Monday, around 7am. It was the day Call me Dave should have made his EU speech, but cancelled it due to the Algerian crisis.

lasticband went onto say about Callmedave causing uncertainty and saying GB is shut for business ect

hope it helps chap.

switchlogic:
In my opinion it’s far to early to decide how you’ll vote. Both the UK and the EU could be very different places in 5 years so I’m most certainly undecided.

I agree completely, but the question was about if the referendum was today.

ironstipper:

switchlogic:

ironstipper:

switchlogic:

I cant provide a link, as to be honest, i’m not clued up enough on this internetty stuff. But I’m pretty sure it was the morning market and news stuff on Friday or Monday, around 7am. It was the day Call me Dave should have made his EU speech, but cancelled it due to the Algerian crisis.

lasticband went onto say about Callmedave causing uncertainty and saying GB is shut for business ect

hope it helps chap.

Cheers I’ll have a search. Think I was supposed to be made a week ago tomorrow.

tachograph:

switchlogic:

I agree completely, but the question was about if the referendum was today.

Ah ok I missed that bit.

switchlogic:

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

syramax:

Errrr, no, they won’t. Well not to the same degree. UKIP appeals to the Conservative right which is a large group, certainly not core Labour voters. The Conservatives have the most to lose from UKIP and if enough people vote for them you’ll end up with a majority Labour government, giving that daft ■■■ Farage no bargaining power whatsoever

You obviously don’t remember a time when the Labour Party was split between for and against membership of the EU with a ( very ) strong anti group led by Shore just like the country in general at the time and since.As for the Labour core vote there’s never been such a thing.The Party has been made up of every type of political following ranging from similar to the BNP to Communists before putting Blair into power who was/is a raving EEC/EU supporting Thatcherite.As one of those Labour core voters at the time I should know. :unamused: