Eu driver training directive

:confused:
I WAS READING THAT THE EU PROPOSED TRAINING DIRECTIVE TOR DRIVERS OF LARGE GOODS VEIHICLES HAS BEEN PASSED IN SEPTEMBER. I DO NOT KNOW WHEN IT WILL BECOME LAW IN THIS COUNTRY (IT WAS A BIT SKETCHY). HOW DO POEPLE THINK IT WILL AFFECT US DRIVERS. ANY THOUGHTS ON WHO WILL FOR IT PAY IT, DRIVERS OR EMPLOYERS? I WAS READING THAT THE PROPOSAL IS SOMTHING LIKE 40 HOURS.

Training will only give you the basics…

the best training there is(or has ever been) is experience,

Complusary training (Possibly by a spotty faced youth who only experienece is a training course to teach the training course) is another added expense…

There is a strong case for Traineee driver training with full size loaded vehicles… but for drivers with 20+ years experience… I think not

I seem to remember seeing something about this subject, and seem to recall that the training amounted to each driver ending up with a CPC or something very similar. I must ask what benefit this will give to he world. I can understand that training is required ifone went to work for a heavy haulage company, for example. You can guess the sort of thing, proper loading and securing, handling trailers with muli-steer axles etc… You won’t get that doinga CPC.
Supposed I’m saying it’sthose bloody bureaucrats again meddling in something they don’t understand :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

they are targetting the wrong drivers here.
it should be the average motorist that requires more training, car drivers pass the test at 17 and they never have to undergo another days training until they die or if they are disqualified from driving and ordered to sit a retest, most throw the highway code away afetr passing the driving test and never buy another.
we have training thrust at us from every corner, change jobs and most companies send you out with a trainer driver to assess your ability.
poor fuel from your truck and most bosses send you on a fuel training course, when it all boils down to pump timing or injector fault.
i have never turned down any training opportunity if it has meant that i don’t lose any money and someone else is paying for it.
should the laws change and i am forced to take training every 5 years from 2007 then i may consider training to be something else that pays more money.

No, IMHO theres enough ZB rules and regs to deal with as it is.

Mal.

Has any body got any more thoughts on this subject before I close it down

Thanking you for your imput.

Jimmy