Eu driver training ( extra training for drivers)

I asked this question last year for a collage research project.
What do you think of the proposed lgv driver training directive/

Thanks for looking

What is this proposed lgv driver training directive??

I think they are suggesting we do so many hours classroom training every 5 or so years. It supposed to be about road safety, but some of the things I heard is that it will include environmental issues and other PC stuff.
The idea of continuation training is not a bad idea, but the euro prats behind this one have no idea of transport and the type of training that could be useful to drivers and the public. Nobody has suggested who should pay, although it seems it will be us or the employers, (more admin and expense for the small haulage company).
Good practical training in loading, tacho law and advanced driving techniques would I think pay dividends in safety and in raising the status of the truck driver.

We pay a fortune already for our licences. The government wants this, they should pay for it.

It sounds a bit related to FIMO / FCOS? or whatever

Extra training is always good. As long as it’s relavent and the guv pays for it…

From what I see on the roads it’s badly needed,and yes I’m talking about us lot!

Ive done 25 years training already, and hope to another 20, on the road where the lessons are real, this stuff make me tired, bloody classrooms! If this job keeps on the way its going it’ll be like a ■■■■ office gig! :imp:

Mal.