Essex Boy Just passed Class 2

Hey people, just registered here and thought i’d say hi.

I live in the Essex area not far from Romford and just recently passed my Class 2 at Purfleet with 6 minors which I was quite chuffed with.

I wondered if anyone here knew or worked for any companies looking to take drivers on in this area. I know Hovis are looking for staff and are offering about 25K, is this good?

Any help or advice would be most welcome, cheers guys and gals.

If it’s delivering bread for Hovis, then it’s decent money for what is a very steady job. However, if you’re delivering flour, be prepared to do lots of heavy lifting.

Yeah I think it was delivering bread, 6 on 2 off shift pattern starting between 12-4AM. 4 days off every six weeks, certainly seemed okay to me.

Well done mate, you might want to try any of the following, some do nights out some don’t and they all run both artics, rigids and/or drawbars

F P Youngs Purfleet 01708 869381 good well established firm
Foley and Miles Thurrock 01708 869986 Good payers
F J Everett West Horndon 01245 325873 Nights but good money
Forest Freight Rainham 01708 552222 good well established firm

Oh and Canute purfleet but don’t know thier number

These are just a tiny few that i know of that will take on new drivers, but take a look in the yellow pages mate there are loads under road haulage.

Personally i wouldn’t touch the bread delivery with a barge pole, 30-40 drops :open_mouth:

Good luck mate

pcdouguk:
certainly seemed okay to me.

That’s why they’re always looking for drivers? I worked there on the trunking which was a doddle compared with the shop side which is what you’re talking about and they drove us ■■■■■■ mad! ■■■■-up and brewery springs to mind. Oh and starting at i or 2 in the morning is no fun, money is just over £23000.

richieessex, it seems we live in the same area, im an upminster boy too!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, just want to get the license back now and start working, im already fed up sitting around all day, thought it would be great but im bored stiff!

pcdouguk:
richieessex, it seems we live in the same area, im an upminster boy too!

Hehe :sunglasses:

Depending on what you fancy doing i.e. general haulage or supermarket work you won’t be out of work for long mate, there is also tons of agencies around here too

So when are you fitting the neon sill lights and green headlamp lenses? :laughing:

oh and dont forget to run with the air dumped out of the suspension!

Seriously though, congratulations.

dennisw1:

So when are you fitting the neon sill lights and green headlamp lenses? :laughing:

oh and dont forget to run with the air dumped out of the suspension!

Seriously though, congratulations.

i thought it was range rover with a shot gun :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ps well done on your class 2

Ooh, im sensing an anti-essex vibe going on here, where would everyone be without essex girls?!! You’d all be bored stupid, you know you would!

pcdouguk:
Ooh, im sensing an anti-essex vibe going on here, where would everyone be without essex girls?!! You’d all be bored stupid, you know you would!

he has a point :laughing: :laughing:

pcdouguk Maritime in Tilbury Docks. Good kit & only containers… Good money & a doddle … :smiley: ( I have to be honest. Whats class2 these days…? I only know HGV 1 )

Cheers for the reply Harry, whats the distance like with Maritime, got told about a Tilbury to Harwich run once which seemed quite simple, is it Maritime?

In the process of working towards my Class 1, just gotta wait for my license to come back with the Provisional Entitlement on, course is all paid for!

Harry, being the new boy, i dunno if you were being serious about Classification of Class 2 or not, but thought i’d paste this in from another site just incase.

The LGV Category C Licence replaces the old HGV Category 3 and 2 Licences. The HGV 3 Licence allowed the holder to drive any ridged HGV vehicle with no more than two axles. The HGV 2 Licence allowed the holder to drive any rigid HGV vehicle with more than two axles, for example a tipper with four axles.
The holder of the new LGV Category C Licence is qualified to drive any LGV rigid vehicle no matter what the size, weight, or number of axles.

The LGV Category C Licence also allows the holder to train for the LGV Category C+E entitlement (Articulated Vehicles or Vehicles Towing Trailers). The time limit on how long an LGV Category C Licence must be held before training can commence on a LGV Category C+E Vehicle is simply how long the DVLA in Swansea take to process the Licence. The processing generally takes between one and two weeks. This can be shortened if the application is sent by Registered Post.

Pretty sure Young’s only have Artics on container work dont they :question:

I might be wrong :confused:

Been told not to touch Maritime’s.Hanbury Davies worth a go though when you got ur class 1.

bikemonkey:
Pretty sure Young’s only have Artics on container work dont they :question:

I might be wrong :confused:

Been told not to touch Maritime’s.Hanbury Davies worth a go though when you got ur class 1.

handburys dont go there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: