Just passed Class 2 - what now?

Chaps , so after a few posts on here I’ve just passed my class 2 - yeahaaaa .I’ve actually been driving a 7.5 T for the last 6 months ( old codgers rights ) so I have a full Cpc and I’m up to speed on Tacho laws ect.

The company I work for are happy to give me a class 2 job but I don’t want to be handballing 5 tonnes of goods out of an 18T box on a daily basis thanks . And I mean handballing , I do it with 2.5 tonnes out of a 7.5 and that’s hard enough at my age .

So I need you guy to advice me of where to go please . I live in North Essex and looking through the job ads there seems to be a fair amount of work around for ADR drivers delivering heating fuel. Maybe i’m jumping he gun here but will companies take in newly qualified Class 2 drivers straight into fuel deliveries with a class 3 in tanks or will I need a few years driving experience first ? If so I’ll try and get a trunking job somewhere - I don’t need to earn a fortune as a Mon-Fri ref hours type job is more what I’m looking for.

Cheers in advance .

Are suez advertising in your area?
uk.indeed.com/viewjob?from=apps … 66a31ae8aa

How about tippers? I was offered a job as a new pass if I went off and got my CPS■■? Card (whatever card you need for quarries etc)

Or cement mixers? ( not actually seen job adverts for these)

Hearty congratulations of course!!! [emoji3]

Skips? There must be skip companies advertising?

pass c.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

The company may well take you on as a new class 2 because you already have some driving experience, but also because it can be difficult to find people to drive class 2 fuel tankers because most people who are qualified to will drive class 1 instead.
Class 1 fuel tanker work is pretty easy, not much manual handling, usually 2-3 drops a day. Class 2 work is a lot more work though. It can be anything upto 20 drops, delivering to homes, farms etc where you have to try and park as close as possible (which could still be some distance away) then drag the delivery line from the vehicle to the customer tank. It’s not bad once you get used to it, and can be a step towards a potentially well paid job if you chose to get your class 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

“likely to have in excess of 2 years’ experience”

What does that mean■■?!!!
6 mths of 7.5t will be perfect [emoji6][emoji12]

uk.indeed.com/viewjob?from=apps … e18aea995b

It says flexibility to work from nearby depots so hopefully there’s one close?

Terry Cooksey:
The company may well take you on as a new class 2 because you already have some driving experience, but also because it can be difficult to find people to drive class 2 fuel tankers because most people who are qualified to will drive class 1 instead.
Class 1 fuel tanker work is pretty easy, not much manual handling, usually 2-3 drops a day. Class 2 work is a lot more work though. It can be anything upto 20 drops, delivering to homes, farms etc where you have to try and park as close as possible (which could still be some distance away) then drag the delivery line from the vehicle to the customer tank. It’s not bad once you get used to it, and can be a step towards a potentially well paid job if you chose to get your class 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks Terry , can’t be worse than manual handling 2.5 To 5T of Kitchen every day .