Edinburgh training -advice sought

First off id like to say how pleased i was to find this site.
I was ready to sign up with Pathway who wanted £1999 for c + c+e training.I have now started to look for a smaller local company as i now realise that being in Scotland ,Pathway would probably send me to one of the few local places anyway but charge me more than if dealt direct. :smiling_imp:
Has any one had any dealings with GTG who are at Sighthill in Edinburgh?
Also I was concerned that after I spend my cash and hopefully pass I would find it hard to get my foot in the door somewhere but after reading entries on this site I know that everyone has to hunt around to get started.
If any one has any recomendations on getting started though I would appreciate it.

Did my Hi-ab training with GTG,they are a good outfit.
Have done a few training courses with:
lagta.co.uk/
and can recommend them.They have a base at Loanhead.
Have heard good things about: cttstraining.co.uk/
As for getting a foot in the door,best thing to do would be to print off a few C.V.'s and deliver them in person around a few haulage companies.

hey, im currently doing my training in galashiels with a guy called jim shanks.

There is also another firm in gala, a guy called jim paxton. Nice easy roads to learn on also, not as busy as the cities.

Im doing my class 2 just now, its costing me £900 for training and test, havnt asked how much it is for class 1.

This is the website for the guy im using jimshanks.co.uk

I was speaking to a guy on here who is from Penicuik, he used Jim Paxton for his hgv and he is going back there to do his pcv.

How did you get on with your training?
Im signed up with GTG in Edinburgh for my C cat starting 23 april.
All going well Ill probably go with CTTS in Bathgate for my c+e. as ive heard good things about them.[

I was gong to go for one of two companies in Perth but having spoken to a few different people I think I’m going to try CTTS in Bathgate.

I spoke to one of the trainers a few days ago and I’ll be going down for a look around next week.

Brownie71:
I was gong to go for one of two companies in Perth but having spoken to a few different people I think I’m going to try CTTS in Bathgate.

I spoke to one of the trainers a few days ago and I’ll be going down for a look around next week.

NAS can get a discount. assuming one of them will be there on saturday, get the details from whoever is in the office

I did my class 2 with Jim PAxton in Galasheils as well. Good guy. Roads are a bit quieter for learning on.

Ditto what snab said, Jim Paxton’s the man for LGV/PCV training.
Don’t be fooled into thinking because the roads are a bit quieter that it’s easy.
That’s the mistake I made,the roads are quite narrow and tricky.