Help ! which training centres in the Glasgow area

I,ll start by saying hello and thank you as I,m new to the site and thank you as I,ve found your advice very helpful.
Could anyone recommend a training centre or company for my class 2 and class 1 practical
Ive been to lagta, Carmyle, CTTS and Ritchies to get a feel for the place so to speak.
Any other suggestions on training establishments and what to look for would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi, if you don’t mind traveling you could try Jim Mair in Kilmarnock. I did my cat C there in June. I found them very good. I did my cat D with Ritchies 10 years ago and also found them very good. I just found out recently that carmyle did lgv lessons. Once you have done your research you can make a decision.

Hi sonnie14, im not from Glasgow but i took my cat c (class2) at Ritchies about 3 weeks ago and i found them really good and made me and the other guy in the cab very much at ease, dont know about the other companys but i would use them again, (Passed 1st time with 3 minors ).
:smiley:

Seemingly McLellan’s Transport are doing HGV training now up in Bishopbriggs

try going into your nearest driverhire office and ask them about training through learndirect, oyu might not end up at the best training centre but if its free then who cares ?

i have memtioned this to someone else here, so any problems with asking them or if you get it for free then please let me know.

mclellans another company always advertising for drivers chances are do youre training with them and pass they ll offer work :question:

CTTS in bathgate are supposedly quite good. my only experience with them is a digitach course which was a waste of 20 quid. i might know of a way to get a discount with them too :wink:

20 bangers to learn how to work a digi tacho■■? they have got a bloody cheek. what a rip off. am sure 5 minutes with somebody thats used one would
be more than enough. :angry: :angry: :angry:

weewulliewinkie:
20 bangers to learn how to work a digi tacho■■? they have got a bloody cheek. what a rip off. am sure 5 minutes with somebody thats used one would
be more than enough. :angry: :angry: :angry:

£40. we got a 50% discount so i only paid 20. i wouldnt have paid any more than that

Hi there, also looking to start my class C training in Glasgow. Have been in contact with Ritchies and will probably go with them, unless anybody can advise otherwise…?
Hey Sonnie14 just wondering if you could keep me informed on who you decide to go for, would probably give me a bit more confidence!

I’m in the same boat. Looking at going with Ritchies at the moment. Whoever goes first post your opinion up on the board. I’ve got Theory to do 1st Nov, so I’ll be looking to get started straight after that (assuming I don’t make a pigs ear of it)

Cheers,
Rich

Got my theory on Oct 30th, so all going well I’l keep you informed!

I went to Ritchies and found the driving training good, but I would have liked more instruction on non driving stuff. Curtains, load strapping, etc. Some companies do it.

Hi. Iv booked my Class 1 and 2 with Qualitas Training and there sending me to Lagta . I got a deal where after passing my class2 :confused: , and the Driver CPC :confused: i get my Class1 for free. Was about a grand all in for everything.

ignore everthing i just said…iv just discovered iv been conned by qualitas a few moments ago…so annoyed :imp:

yeah i agree with gordy ritches were ok but never showed you nothing about other truck related stuff i dont think i seen any lorries with curtains at ritches mostly rigid if i was to sit my class 1 they wanted £800 where carmyle were charging £600 sometimes better to shop around :laughing: