DSV (DFDS) Traction

Hi all, Long time reader,first time poster. Just doing some work for DSV here in Ireland. Curious to hear any feedback from similar in the UK. Major issues with mileage. Rates are scaled depending on distance. Payments are spot on time-wise if you get over their mileage hurdle. No route finder I know of matches their mileage.Would love to get your views & opinions. Confused. :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

We used to be on for Roadferry , now DSV and the rates were never amazing , we mainly trunked from North East to Cairnryan with loaded trailer and usually empty back so at least saved a bit on the fuel , but the collections we did varied on the amount of pallets collected , ie 2 pallets waste of time !!!

Mr. Magoo:
Hi all, Long time reader,first time poster. Just doing some work for DSV here in Ireland. Curious to hear any feedback from similar in the UK. Major issues with mileage. Rates are scaled depending on distance. Payments are spot on time-wise if you get over their mileage hurdle. No route finder I know of matches their mileage.Would love to get your views & opinions. Confused. :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Are you sure they arenā€™t using the ā€œradial milesā€ system rather than road miles :question:

In Ireland they use set rates for shunts to/from the port and local drops. Everything else is on mileage, with a decreasing rate per mile as mileage increases. I donā€™t think itā€™s radial, but I wouldnā€™t put my truck on it. When I got the rate details from them, it states ā€œAll mileage as per Auto-routeā€. Which Auto-route or program they are using I donā€™t know, theyā€™re strangely vague. Iā€™m told that it was agreed with subbies 10 yrs ago, and theyā€™re not going to change it. Why would they when it works in their favour. All I know is that itā€™s consistently between 20-40 miles out. Never expected to become a millionaire out of traction, but Jesus, I never expected to lose my shirt either. Bully-boy tactics from a large multi-national that knows the work is scarce, so it screws us to the wall and cuts the rates to the bone.I wont suggest what they might do next ,in case it gives them any ideas. Thanks for your input :angry: :angry: