Driving for supermarkets

daffyd:

George@ASDA driver:
£11.92 ph basic and £17.02 overtime after 45 hrs. 55-60 hours a week if you want it. 40 hours if you don’t (made up to 45 paid)

Home every night. £32 night out if you do get caught out.

Double time + lieu day on bank hols

26 weeks per year full sick pay.

Kit never more than 4 years old.

What’s not to like?

I’m at the Northampton Clothing depot btw.

any idea if the pay is the same at Grangemouth?

Can’t imagine there’s a lot of manual work delivering to Asda stores?

Spoke to one of their drivers friday, £10.70 ph, extra £5.10 overtime from what i remember.

JFC999:

selby newcomer:

rob22888:

sco:
Was speaking to an artic driver on £8.30ph the other day, amazes me how low the rates are.

I was speaking to a Stobart driver from Tesco Goole the other week at a store, think he said £7.85ph. No wonder they are struggling for drivers in there. I’m not on megabucks but I didn’t want to tell him what I was on, just said “yea, i’m on about the same” :blush: It’s sad really.

I went for an interview at Tesco Goole for Stobarts in 2010 and it was £7.20 ph for the 1st 12 months and then £8.20 after, not the best rate, I got in At Norberts next door in the mean time so never went there

And Norby’s pay rates are ?
(Just for comparison purposes, ok I’m a nosey git)
Jim

It was agency I was on with mate and that was £8.50 ph paye or £9.50 on umberella, I was paye. Theyve just taken on their agency drivers on the books, I think its 26k salary, but the job was always 60 hours a week when I was there

karl67:

Winseer:
If I were to go in there, £10.75ph for midweek nights @ tescos. That’s considered to be a bit on the low side as well. :open_mouth:

That’s lower than the day rate.

Yeh. There’s a good chance I won’t be going back now. :imp:

JFC999:

George@ASDA driver:
£11.92 ph basic and £17.02 overtime after 45 hrs. 55-60 hours a week if you want it. 40 hours if you don’t (made up to 45 paid)

Home every night. £32 night out if you do get caught out.

Double time + lieu day on bank hols

26 weeks per year full sick pay.

Kit never more than 4 years old.

What’s not to like?

I’m at the Northampton Clothing depot btw.

I’d that nationwide, George, or does rate differ over depots ?

Only the hourly rate differs geographically as far as I’m aware. The rest is uniform, as its a national Union deal.

sco:

YorkshireJeff:

sco:

rob22888:
Yep. When I worked in a Tesco store I used to refuse to work on a Sunday because I’d get paid time & a half whilst working alongside people earning double bubble. Wrong.

i have been told:

£9.65 ph, 42 hr contract.

+25% for overtime
+25% for weekend
+50% for bank holidays.

Is that through an agency ?

No, direct with Tesco. are those rates good?

For central Scotland? No they are not good. ASDA pay £9.70 days, £13 at weekends. Iceland/booker pays £11 flat rate 24/7. I am on £9.50 but saving £30 a week on petrol plus an hour a day of MY time travelling. These are agency rates though. I have no idea what full time rates are

Santa:
From the Aldi Website: aldirecruitment.co.uk/distribution/

Market-Leading Package
We offer a minimum starting wage of £9.85 per hour rising to £10.90 if you work days. If you work nights it’s £11.62 rising to £12.86 per hour. Some of our Drivers say this is the most they’ve ever earned, even when they were doing long-haul. When you’re earning good money over shorter distances, life is sweet: you’ll have more time for yourself and the family. What’s more, we’ll give you four weeks’ paid holiday (rising to five), plus paid Bank Holidays. Even better.

aldi more time for yourself and family .absolute drivel .treat drivers like garbage spent time working for them on nightshift .no security lone working in nightmare areas. wrapping pallets till your arms fall off. watched by a team of supervisors and managers doing nowt .short shift long shift in operation meaning long weekend work for normal rate.goodluck with that shower of no users

selby newcomer:

karl67:
hourly rates have lowered with the new contracts and now more inline with other supermarkets.
We all knew the old contracts would change oneday, it was mad what you could earn, with sunday, overtime rates and ever seventh week off then working it as overtime.

The 7th week was called “grab a grand week” :laughing:

I worked for Tesco a few years back on that old contract, best job I ever had till they shut the RDC and Stobarts took over and I left. You’re right it was grab a grand week :laughing:

Was only there a few years unfortunately, I’d worked for one of the big oil companies several years previous (…also contracted out) and the Tesco job paid more than the petrol tankers… and it was easier too !!!

Regarding the original post … Waitrose have been recruiting down in Kent, I know a few lads at Bracknell who’ve been there for a good few years and say they’re good to work for, don’t know if that’s any help at all ?

markoc:

selby newcomer:

karl67:
hourly rates have lowered with the new contracts and now more inline with other supermarkets.
We all knew the old contracts would change oneday, it was mad what you could earn, with sunday, overtime rates and ever seventh week off then working it as overtime.

The 7th week was called “grab a grand week” :laughing:

I worked for Tesco a few years back on that old contract, best job I ever had till they shut the RDC and Stobarts took over and I left. You’re right it was grab a grand week :laughing:

Was only there a few years unfortunately, I’d worked for one of the big oil companies several years previous (…also contracted out) and the Tesco job paid more than the petrol tankers… and it was easier too !!!

Regarding the original post … Waitrose have been recruiting down in Kent, I know a few lads at Bracknell who’ve been there for a good few years and say they’re good to work for, don’t know if that’s any help at all ?

Unfortunatly not mate, in central belt of Scotland.

To expand it out if anyone knows a good employer glasgow/edinburgh thats not supermarkets?

The supermarket class 1 near me would be the ones on the M8 corridor if anyone has info on who is better than the others.

WILKOS 13 an hour at purfleet ABSOLUTE DOSS no hassles from TM etc job and finish 46 hr week paid for usually 35 hrs 20 quid an hour OT if you can get some :laughing: I take home 482 a week .all stores clean toilets and full kitchen facilities 13% discount card 28 days hol full uniform if u want it .diesel up abt once a fortnight :stuck_out_tongue: 11 am till 8pm or 3pm till 12 or 9pm till 6 am mostly sleeping if you on that one apparently . The 3 pm shift is 3 runs but only get the 3rd run maybe twice a week , I have seen the driver come in at 3 and leave for home in his car at 6 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

topmixer11:
WILKOS 13 an hour at purfleet ABSOLUTE DOSS no hassles from TM etc job and finish 46 hr week paid for usually 35 hrs 20 quid an hour OT if you can get some :laughing: I take home 482 a week .all stores clean toilets and full kitchen facilities 13% discount card 28 days hol full uniform if u want it .diesel up abt once a fortnight :stuck_out_tongue: 11 am till 8pm or 3pm till 12 or 9pm till 6 am mostly sleeping if you on that one apparently . The 3 pm shift is 3 runs but only get the 3rd run maybe twice a week , I have seen the driver come in at 3 and leave for home in his car at 6 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Alright if you want to start at 11 in the morning!

Seany:

topmixer11:

Alright if you want to start at 11 in the morning!

yep I certainly do and home by 630 lovely all night and half morning too myself what could be better xtra long weekends none of this starting at 3 am bullcrap

topmixer11:

Nothing personal but if I had a job like that I wouldn’t be shouting about it. I’d keep it quiet lest someone sees it on here and decides to eff it up for you.

Santa:

Market-Leading Package
We offer a minimum starting wage of £9.85 per hour rising to £10.90 if you work days. If you work nights it’s £11.62 rising to £12.86 per hour. Some of our Drivers say this is the most they’ve ever earned, even when they were doing long-haul. When you’re earning good money over shorter distances, life is sweet: you’ll have more time for yourself and the family. What’s more, we’ll give you four weeks’ paid holiday (rising to five), plus paid Bank Holidays. Even better.

No mention of over time after 8 hours there. £10.90 is a decent rate but not for straight through.

I’ve seen several drivers on here who say they’re getting 30k+ for 4 on 4 off and 40k for 5 on 3 off so surely there’s over time in that somewhere ?

topmixer11:

Similar craic here.

47.5 paid… Have to do at least 8 hours a day. Normally do 43-44 a week.

Bring home slightly more but I get extra for early starts.

No hassle, new kit…

topmixer11:

where are they based? any jobs going just now?

You have permission to purrfleet…

Santa:

Market-Leading Package

I’ve searched that site with a fine toothed-comb and there’s absolutely no mention if Aldi are an equal opportunities employer.

So if you have a disability like I do…it seems you’ve no chance. :unamused:

Been working for a supermarket for over 5 years now, and it’s the best job I’ve ever had. Sick pay ( fortunately never used it) pension, good hourly rate, good overtime rate if you want it, we’ll maintained kit, never pushed, 10 hour shifts average, one Saturday and one Sunday a month out of a four week rota, and get a Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday off every four weeks.

Only downside is can’t have time off in December, and the trucks are axors, but apart from that never been happier, the thought off having to to go back to general haulage/tramping fills me with dread.

Olog Hai:

topmixer11:

Nothing personal but if I had a job like that I wouldn’t be shouting about it. I’d keep it quiet lest someone sees it on here and decides to eff it up for you.

They are all aware and DO NOT CARE get job done no hassles and naff off quicker the better is what they like keep the stores full and happy :sunglasses: boss sometimes waves goodbye :exclamation:

Governor!:
I’m working out of Aldi Chelmsford for agency, I’m on £12 p/hr don’t want the temp to perm as I only want 3/4 days a week, if I do 4 days I normally earn around £600, they are looking for 30 full time drivers 10 weeks temp to perm and earnings are £35-45k p/a.
If I knew how to upload an image I’d post the ad in this weeks Chelmsford paper for drivers in Aldi.

What you forgot to mention was there are now 3 different contracts once perm. You get treated like muck and will have to break your back.
And nights you have to wrap and load both of your runs lol!